What Are You Reading?

"The Thursday Murder Club" was awesome, I'm now reading this one
1662555077442.png

I finished the other book and started reading this one in the weekend. I never read anything by Patricia Cornwell and I'm not loving it
1662972983107.png

Finished "The Body of Evidence" and am giving it a 3 out of 5. I don't like books that exploit violence against women with overly detailed descriptions of what happened to them and rape thrown in the story for reasons that add nothing to it whatsoever...the solution to the murder also felt like it didn't add up. Other than that, there were interesting bits about the book but I don't think I'm reading any more Patricia Cornwell.

I'm starting this one today that I borrowed from a coworker, I started reading it years ago and stopped, but I'm giving it another shot.
1663158382994.png

And today is the birthday of my favorite author, Agatha Christie the great Queen of Crime!!

Mystery writer Agatha Christie was born on this day. She went on to become the best-selling novelist of all time, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, her novels having sold about 2 billion copies. In addition, her stage play "The Mousetrap" holds the world record for the longest run. It opened in the West End of London in November 1952 and ran until March 2020 after almost 28,000 performances. It had to close for the Covid-19 pandemic but re-opened in May 2021.

Last edited:
Mystery writer Agatha Christie was born on this day. She went on to become the best-selling novelist of all time, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, her novels having sold about 2 billion copies. In addition, her stage play "The Mousetrap" holds the world record for the longest run. It opened in the West End of London in November 1952 and ran until March 2020 after almost 28,000 performances. It had to close for the Covid-19 pandemic but re-opened in May 2021.
Yes I've seen "The Mousetrap" in London, I think they were going on their 67th year when I watched it? It's a really good play anyway. I also saw the Portuguese adaptation but it didn't feel so faithful to Christie's style.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and the following book, The man Who Died twice, really looking forward to the 3rd book when it comes out.
Thank you for the feedback, I loved "The Thursday Murder Club" and already ordered "The Man Who Died Twice".

I'm starting this one today that I borrowed from a coworker, I started reading it years ago and stopped, but I'm giving it another shot.

Have you ever read anything by Dean Koontz? He writes horror and syfy combos. The first one I ever read was Watchers about a super smart dog and his counterpart. I really like his Frankenstein series set in modern day New Orleans. Well, fairly modern day. He put the series on hold after Hurricane Katrina destroyed the city because he couldn't even consider putting the city through anything else, even in just the literary world, for several years, though he did finally finish the series. Interestingly enough, he introduced his readers to a Chinese delicacy in that series that I had never heard of, and frankly wish I never had. I thought at first it was just a made up dish, but, nope, it's a real thing.

Have you ever read anything by Dean Koontz? He writes horror and syfy combos. The first one I ever read was Watchers about a super smart dog and his counterpart. I really like his Frankenstein series set in modern day New Orleans. Well, fairly modern day. He put the series on hold after Hurricane Katrina destroyed the city because he couldn't even consider putting the city through anything else, even in just the literary world, for several years, though he did finally finish the series. Interestingly enough, he introduced his readers to a Chinese delicacy in that series that I had never heard of, and frankly wish I never had. I thought at first it was just a made up dish, but, nope, it's a real thing.
No I never heard of him! Thank you for the suggestion, will look it up.

I’m reading quite a bit since I’m laid up with a broken ankle and not able to do much else at the moment.

I recently finished Longshot, by Dick Francis - I’ve read a lot of his other novels and really enjoyed them, I plan on working my way through all his books eventually.

Currently reading A Sensitive Case by Eric Wright - it’s a police procedural. Enjoying this one too although not grabbing my attention as much as I’d like - it’s more of a slow burn.

I recently finished Fire & Blood, about the GOT Targaryen dynasty by George R. R. Martin. OMG, it was like reading a class required history book, dry, plodding, boorringgg. The show is way better, but neither compares to the GOT book or TV series IMHO.

Finished "Rose Madder" during my vacation days and also read these two:
1665393553919.png

1665393566753.png

To be honest, I didn't particularly enjoy any of the three books I read during these holidays. I'm planning on starting this one next. It's a series written by the author of Dr Who, it's fantasy mixed with crime fiction mixed with history, set in London. I really liked the other three books in the series that I already read so this should be an enjoyable read too.
1665393614742.png

Got some books from the library about: soft-skills, eating disorder, anxiety, how is today's economy working, how to develop my brain further after school, depression and mindfulness.

Next time I would like to start with Aristoteles nicomacheans

Back
Top Bottom