What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

Just felt like something yummy, grilled/ broiled bacon, bread with tomato relish, cheese then a fried egg, topped with cooked bacon, then under the grill again. 10/10.

Russ

Grilled burgers on the Weber. As soon as the charcoal was ready I tossed a chunk of hickory on the coals. Burgers had a great Smokey flavor. Topped with gouda cheese. Added some oven baked bacon that I put maple syrup and brown sugar on. Had some frozen fries. Tossed them in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. And baked them. Took some ketchup and added Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and onion salt to.

I got to eat the gumbo I made yesterday. It was very good. I posted a picture in the Gumbo Cookalong thread.

CD

The photo is here. A tip worth knowing - if you want to show a link to a particular post in another thread the simply copy & paste the little #number (top right of the post in question).

The photo is here. A tip worth knowing - if you want to show a link to a particular post in another thread the simply copy & paste the little #number (top right of the post in question).
I got to eat the gumbo I made yesterday. It was very good. I posted a picture in the Gumbo Cookalong thread.

CD
Also one to note, is that if you want to show a photo more than once, upload it to the media gallery rather than a post in a thread, then use the camera icon in the toolbar and add the photo from there. That way you only upload the photo once but can link to it add many times as you want to.

The media gallery is set up in a similar manner to the rest of the forum. So you could easily create yourself a new album in the Competitions & Challenges, Quizzes & Surveys called CD's Cookalong and place all your Cookalong images in there.

Grilled lamb chops with a garlic, rosemary, lemon, EVOO marinade/rub. Grilled red bell and zucchini with garlic and EVOO marinade. Roasted lemon garlic baby yukon gold potatoes. First time in days I've actually enjoyed eating and have been hungry.

Last edited:
My normal eating out is pretty good, but every now and again things need to be quicker than a sit down restaurant or cafe meal. So hospital chips (followed by a ½ a vegan sausage roll purchased earlier just in case endocrinology was running late)

And very nice chips they are too.

Back
Top Bottom