What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

Yes I thought that was what they were called but I was doubting for a minute so I decided on pasta to be safe 🤭
Here, we just call that corkscrew pasta...along with a half-dozen other twisty pasta shapes. :)

Grilled lamb chops with a garlic, rosemary, lemon, EVOO marinade/rub. Grilled red bell and zucchini with garlic and EVOO marinade. Roasted lemon garlic baby yukon gold potatoes. First time in days I've actually enjoyed eating and have been hungry.
View attachment 35582

That looks delicious. Have you been under the weather?

Grilled lamb chops with a garlic, rosemary, lemon, EVOO marinade/rub. Grilled red bell and zucchini with garlic and EVOO marinade. Roasted lemon garlic baby yukon gold potatoes. First time in days I've actually enjoyed eating and have been hungry.
View attachment 35582

Those loin chops look so moist. And we'll cooked!!

Russ

I had to laugh, because I made these with ground round I bought today, and when I asked the butcher at the display case, I asked for "12 ounces of ground round, please."

He grabbed a handful of meat, then I heard him lean over and ask the other butcher, "How much is 12 ounces?"

That butcher replied, "That's 3/4 of a pound," and walked away to do something else.

The butcher helping me looked at the scale, looked back at the other butcher, then back at the scale, then looked at me and said, "Uhhhhh...what's 3/4 of a pound on this thing?"

I actually felt bad when I had to point out, to the butcher, the guy who does this for a living, mind, that the scale needed to read .75 for 3/4 of a pound or 12 ounces.:eek:

I had to laugh, because I made these with ground round I bought today, and when I asked the butcher at the display case, I asked for "12 ounces of ground round, please."

He grabbed a handful of meat, then I heard him lean over and ask the other butcher, "How much is 12 ounces?"

That butcher replied, "That's 3/4 of a pound," and walked away to do something else.

The butcher helping me looked at the scale, looked back at the other butcher, then back at the scale, then looked at me and said, "Uhhhhh...what's 3/4 of a pound on this thing?"

I actually felt bad when I had to point out, to the butcher, the guy who does this for a living, mind, that the scale needed to read .75 for 3/4 of a pound or 12 ounces.:eek:

A year or so ago I ordered what I drink when out, double rum n coke, glass full of ice and coke 2/3 full.
The young girl looked at me and said, what's 2/3rds? She had no idea?

Russ

Homemade tamales. Mine were roasted poblano, corn and queso fresco, with a tomatillo green sauce. Craig had shredded pork with a red dried chile sauce and refried pinto beans and rice. We've got lots of tamales to go into the freezer for easy future meals. I got about 40 between the 2 kinds.

Homemade tamales. Mine were roasted poblano, corn and queso fresco, with a tomatillo green sauce. Craig had shredded pork with a red dried chile sauce and refried pinto beans and rice. We've got lots of tamales to go into the freezer for easy future meals. I got about 40 between the 2 kinds.

View attachment 35603

Shredded pork tamales are my go-to tamales, too. Same sauce and sides, as well.

CD

They look delicious - what is in the sauce?
That sauce is so easy, I'm embarrassed to tell you. It's a jar of Heinz Chili Sauce and half a can of jellied cranberry sauce.

I'll tell you, though...the raw cranberries, meant to be more of a garnish than anything else, really tied all the flavors together. That little pop of tartness was perfect!

Back
Top Bottom