What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

Was the aubergine raw when you put the topping on? I was looking up recipe for this and most say cook for 15 mins or more.

Yes they were raw, but I was impressed as well by how they have been cooked quickly.. sometimes they took a bit more, roughly between 10 - 15 mins... not more than this though, otherwise they could be too much dry. I think it also depends on the oven, I am still try to understand mine

It’s time for Burger King. Not a double whopper, I’ve tried a chicken bacon sandwich. Double Whopper is unbeatable though

Last night was a very simple but very satisfying meal. No pictures though. Fresh dark rye sourdough (of the supermarket variety, so looks dyed dark brown but actually tastes good fresh), hummus, chutney (onion) and tofu slices. So just my usual lunch sandwich but oh so nice after 3 days of hospital food where pumpkin soup, something you'd think you couldn't kill, was pumpkin and water... yeh, they killed it all right. In fact they even killed soya milk porridge and toast! )

Even though I'm a confirmed, card carrying carnivore, I have been trying to come up with my own recipe for a tasty vegan burger. This is the latest incarnation....and honestly don't think I can improve on this one (other than make the vegan "cheese" sauce a bit smoother for the visuals). Was lunch today... and enjoyed every morsel.

Yesterday's brunch, avocado toast with siracha & mayo. And a bowl of turmeric and cinnamon oatmeal.

And we went out for a Christmas catering event with lots of nice food but the lighting was a nightmare so this pumpkin dish is the only picture that was usable.

These are pumpkins stuffed with creamy pesto chicken.

Back
Top Bottom