What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

Even though I'm a confirmed, card carrying carnivore, I have been trying to come up with my own recipe for a tasty vegan burger. This is the latest incarnation....and honestly don't think I can improve on this one (other than make the vegan "cheese" sauce a bit smoother for the visuals). Was lunch today... and enjoyed every morsel.

View attachment 35698

Hope you are going to post the recipe!

For dinner this evening The Velvet Curtain cooked an Aldi 3 bird roast, duck, goose and guinea fowl with an apple and apricot stuffing, neither of us were keen on the stuffing but the rest of it was delicious, everything on the plate was cooked to perfection.

Went out for dinner with my husband yesterday. Had the best Indian food we had in a long time, in a restaurant that was new to us in our new town! This is going to be our favorite spot from now on.

To start with we had poppadums and chutneys on the house. There was mint raita, mango chutney and green chilli chutney.

Then I had butter chicken curry, my husband had prawn tandoori, we got a vegetable curry on the house and delicious garlic nan. The service too was exeptionally good.

For dessert we had traditional Indian pastry called Gulab Jamun. It's a kind of doughnut served in syrup, in this case it was rosewater flavored syrup.

All the food was great, everything was made on the premises by the Indian head chef. We really love the place and are going back.

Went out for dinner with my husband yesterday. Had the best Indian food we had in a long time, in a restaurant that was new to us in our new town! This is going to be our favorite spot from now on.

To start with we had poppadums and chutneys on the house. There was mint raita, mango chutney and green chilli chutney.
View attachment 35739
Then I had butter chicken curry, my husband had prawn tandoori, we got a vegetable curry on the house and delicious garlic nan. The service too was exeptionally good.
View attachment 35740

For dessert we had traditional Indian pastry called Gulab Jamun. It's a kind of doughnut served in syrup, in this case it was rosewater flavored syrup.
View attachment 35741

All the food was great, everything was made on the premises by the Indian head chef. We really love the place and are going back.

All looks so delicious. I am also a fan of Indian food, but I don’t eat it very often though

Another in the cold series of soups. It's all we can do right now. Cook first thing in the morning when it's 12-15°C outside and eat cold meals by the time it's made it to 35-40°C.
The diet continues so I'm trying hard to avoid things like rice salad or potato salad because I love both rice and potatoes and will happily eat them together... it seems a shame to undo the weightloss.

It's the same soup, just we added some protein in the form of Edamame beans which looked really nice on the soup but the bowl wasn't 'clean' as you can see so technically it's not a great photo from that point of view.

The soup itself is form the cookery book challenge, another new one and whilst i (obviously) omitted the sour cream, neither of us actually thought it needed it. It was a pleasant and refreshing soup which was excellent at room temperature. Tomorrow we'll try it chilled!

Last night's evening meal.
This was shop bought. Hubby spotted some vegan chickenese I think they are calling it, with a vegan basil pesto and paired it with a vegan pumpkin ravioli as a quick meal. I took over cooking when I caught him about to cook the ravioli (him, ravioli or gnocchi don't mix) before even reading the packet for the chickenese and pesto... which needed cooking for 5-6 mins, pesto adding 1-2 mins more...

So I tossed the ravioli into the frying pan and coated it in the pesto before serving. It was actually quite nice. Nothing like chicken except in texture (him not actually that keen on 'plant based protein' replacements that try to replicate a meat) but actually not bad and not too many calories and a huge 31g of protein per portion!

Back
Top Bottom