What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

Went out for dinner with my husband yesterday. Had the best Indian food we had in a long time, in a restaurant that was new to us in our new town! This is going to be our favorite spot from now on.

To start with we had poppadums and chutneys on the house. There was mint raita, mango chutney and green chilli chutney.
View attachment 35739
Then I had butter chicken curry, my husband had prawn tandoori, we got a vegetable curry on the house and delicious garlic nan. The service too was exeptionally good.
View attachment 35740

For dessert we had traditional Indian pastry called Gulab Jamun. It's a kind of doughnut served in syrup, in this case it was rosewater flavored syrup.
View attachment 35741

All the food was great, everything was made on the premises by the Indian head chef. We really love the place and are going back.

It's funny you post this, I recently posted a butter chicken recipe that is good as an Indian restaurant, and I was also looking at a recipe for gulab jamon last night.

Russ

Duck noodle soup....

I am in New Orleans on business, and Morning Glory requested photos of what I ate here. Well, I got in town just in time to go out to ACME Oyster House before closing time...

IMG_0955.JPG

Where I had some chargrilled oysters, with a side bowl of red beans and rice (and some Jack Daniel's).

IMG_0951.JPG

Chargrilled oysters are cooked on a flame grill (not under a broiler, which seems to be a British "grill"). They are swimming in butter and garlic, and dusted with bread crumbs. Always served with some New Orleans bread to sop up the garlic butter.

The red beans and rice were proper. It seems simple, but it's not easy to get red beans and rice right.

CD

I am in New Orleans on business, and Morning Glory requested photos of what I ate here. Well, I got in town just in time to go out to ACME Oyster House before closing time...

View attachment 35808

Where I had some chargrilled oysters, with a side bowl of red beans and rice (and some Jack Daniel's).

View attachment 35809

Chargrilled oysters are cooked on a flame grill (not under a broiler, which seems to be a British "grill"). They are swimming in butter and garlic, and dusted with bread crumbs. Always served with some New Orleans bread to sop up the garlic butter.

The red beans and rice were proper. It seems simple, but it's not easy to get red beans and rice right.

CD

I'd be over that.

Russ

Hope you are going to post the recipe!

I got around to putting the recipe up....and put it in the Vegan thread. I could have theoretically put it in the beetroot recipe challenge as there's a little bit of betroot included in the mix. But considering I'm the beetroot recipe judge, not much point in that!! I was as accurate as possible with measurements and that, but I can't guarantee %100 accuracy. I linked to the video of making them, so at least there's some visual reference to what I was doing.

Recipe & Video - My Attempt At Inventing a Vegan Burger

View attachment 35808

View attachment 35809

CD

The last time I was there, it was all about the raw oysters! My buddy and I stood at the counter and ate them as fast as the guy could shuck them. Of course we had been to Pat O'Brien's first and had several Hurricanes. :eek:

The last time I was there, it was all about the raw oysters! My buddy and I stood at the counter and ate them as fast as the guy could shuck them. Of course we had been to Pat O'Brien's first and had several Hurricanes. :eek:

Raw oysters is my first love - I'll eat as many as I can any time. And I mean any time. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or wake me up in the middle of the night...

Off today, so MrsTasty and I were out and about, stopped for lunch at Panera:

I had a half-sized turkey and bacon sandwich and a cup of tomato soup, the wife had some kind of apple salad and pasta and cheese.

It was ok. Panera is wildly popular here, there are as many locations as Starbucks, it seems, but I don't get the attraction.

Back
Top Bottom