What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

That's where we'll be Christmas morning.

Can you call out your own order? Mine is always...

"Pull one sausage... drop one hash browns, scattered... order triple scramble."

For the uninitiated, your food is cooked in front of you. The servers give your order to the cooks by verbally using the Waffle House "slang" to communicate. The cooks never see a paper order. It's all verbal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3mkm2f-CzE

CD

Can you call out your own order? Mine is always...

"Pull one sausage... drop one hash browns, scattered... order triple scramble."

For the uninitiated, your food is cooked in front of you. The servers give your order to the cooks by verbally using the Waffle House "slang" to communicate. The cooks never see a paper order. It's all verbal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3mkm2f-CzE

CD
Usually, I either get just a waffle, or just scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, and hash browns scattered and with cheese (covered, I think that is), but on Christmas, I get both.

Same again as last night which is just as well as I've been confined to bed all day with my asthma playing up badly due to the poor air quality as a result of a change in wind direction blowing the smoke from the fires this way instead of out to sea.

So just the cold fresh tomato soup with sworn sauce and chili and red pepper fava beans as croutons. Same again for tomorrow but I'll be making some pickled beetroot eggs tomorrow...

Today: two home-grown fried eggs, sunny side up, along with a slew of thin asparagus, fried in a curry-infused olive oil, with a bit of ground pepper added.

I am hoping lunch is good - I am testing out a sous vide bottom round roast, that I've cut into steaks. This is a TOUGH meat. I'm running the gizmo for 24 hours, but will retain the second bag in there for another 24 (total 48 hours). I'll serve it with more asparagus, and some cabbage when I reverse sear the portions I eat today.

I am testing out a sous vide bottom round roast, that I've cut into steaks. This is a TOUGH meat. I'm running the gizmo for 24 hours, but will retain the second bag in there for another 24 (total 48 hours). I'll serve it with more asparagus, and some cabbage when I reverse sear the portions I eat today.

I'll be interested to here how it goes. I'm not sure what a bottom round roast is in UK terms...?

I have to be extremely careful about how much peel I eat. Same thing when we used to carve pumpkins, I'd break out in a rash before I even got finished cleaning out the pumpkin. I usually get Craig to deal with eggplant, but he fell asleep after dinner, so...

I'm now wondering what the connection is between eggplant & pumpkin. They are very different species. Do you get the same reaction from both?

Back
Top Bottom