What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

We had our first really cold snap of the year, lows in high 40s, and that's COLD for here (don't laugh, we are in subtropics), so we each made our own version of chili.

30 deg c here the other day, mid to late 20s, my kind of weather. We've just come through a mild winter.

Russ

Went out for sushi with my husband yesterday 😄 it was to celebrate that we're done with the old house and getting our deposit back.

I have eaten much more than I took pictures of, and it was really good!

Here is spicy tuna maki, crab omelet maki, grilled salmon nigiri, surf mussel nigiri and seaweed genkan ( I think that's what they are called)

Those are tempura bananas. In a really light crisp batter, delicious dessert!

And as a finishing touch:

Green tea, mango, vanilla and black sesame ice cream. I really love sesame ice cream!

Tonight was a case of best laid plans and all that. It was meant to have been a new soup recipe for the Cookery Book challenge, but life has been a bit topsy turvy recently and this week had been no exception. Medical appointments every. I've got more next week including an op, but today was meant to have been sliding into town with hubby to very the blood tests done I forgot to do yesterday and need for the op next week.
So into town with hubby, drop in centre is very busy but we'll wait. Set off home and realise I'm very tired and hungry so slide by the vegan cafe to see if I can park nearby and walk there with the crutches. I can, so have a second breakfast of avocado toast (with raw spinach, lemon and tomatoes) and a cashew nut milk hot chocolate. Whilst I'm there I spot a text from the lady I got my last lot of eggs from four hatching chicks. She's still upset that we only got 4 live chicks from 18 eggs (one chook decided to eat the eggs rather than sit on them, 3 chicks died before they hatched, so I really got 50% fertility from her eggs which given temperatures exceeded 40°C was a miracle anyway) but she's got 2 chicks for ne at work (in a bank, she's the manager) can I collect them... so I'm now heading off to a town I've only driven passed before and instead of being home by 10am won't get home until 12:30pm.... plan B is needed and the vegan cafe still has pies available... tea sorted then!

Back
Top Bottom