What did you cook/eat today (December 2019)?

I've lots of catching up to do but for now I'll just add tonight's evening meal. We're due several very hot days (35°C followed by 39°C) so I cooked today (cooler at only 29°C) and made enough for 3 nights.

It's the first time either of us has had a cold soup as in made to be served cold. It's something we've been looking at to try to deal with lack of appetite on the hottest days through summer.

Moussaka, made with ground lamb of course, and zatziki. Craig had extra tomato sauce with his.

Strangely enough I don't believe it would be traditional (in the UK at least) to serve Moussaka with Zatziki. Not sure if the Greeks would serve it together...

I was thinking of defrosting a chilli this evening but I couldn't even be bothered to do that. I rang my wife to ask her to bring noodles back after shopping. No point really, my taste buds were shot and I could hardly taste anything - not even the chillies.

Last night was crab cakes made from this dressed crab. Lots of chilli added plus coriander, garlic, a few breadcrumbs.

Pics to follow, our good friends are coming for dinner, I owe them both a favour so I suggested they come. Just 5 adults and grandson, but he'll be in bed early.
Vege samosas
Meat samosas
Vege curry
Butter chicken
With rhaita and tamarind chutney.
Cheesecake.
Butter chicken has been marinading since last night.
Pics to come.

Russ

Smoked turkey, wild rice blend, vegetable soup. You add a little dollop of sherry right before serving. :happy:

Last edited:
Pics to follow, our good friends are coming for dinner, I owe them both a favour so I suggested they come. Just 5 adults and grandson, but he'll be in bed early.
Vege samosas
Meat samosas
Vege curry
Butter chicken
With rhaita and tamarind chutney.
Cheesecake.
Butter chicken has been marinading since last night.
Pics to come.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom