What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Last night, leftover turkey stroganoff. Took some pics but not very photogenic.

Leftover Turkey Stroganoff

Last edited:
What are the white beany looking things in the Beef Teriyaki?
I'm not sure what you're referencing, as I don't see a white beany-looking thing anywhere in there.

Possibly you mean that mushroom slice? If you start at the bottom right of the container, there's a piece of broccoli, and go up and just a little to the left, there's a big mushroom slice sitting there. Is it that?

I'm not sure what you're referencing, as I don't see a white beany-looking thing anywhere in there.

Possibly you mean that mushroom slice? If you start at the bottom right of the container, there's a piece of broccoli, and go up and just a little to the left, there's a big mushroom slice sitting there. Is it that?

Oh my - I must have beans on the mind. Its those mushrooms which looked to me like butter beans (lima beans in US, I think). I've been cooking with them today:

Butter Bean Curry with Stone Flowers. The latter is a stunning new ingredient I've discovered. You would love stone flowers, SatNavSaysStraightOn, I think.

Oh my - I must have beans on the mind. Its those mushrooms which looked to me like butter beans (lima beans in US, I think). I've been cooking with them today:

Butter Bean Curry with Stone Flowers. The latter is a stunning new ingredient I've discovered. You would love stone flowers, SatNavSaysStraightOn, I think.

View attachment 37837
We also call those butter beans, very large and white. I can see that now in the photos. Butter beans are about my favorite non-green bean. I make a nice appetizer of tinned butter beans mixed with shallot, garlic, mustard, and olive oil, and served on crostini (borrowed from Jacques Pepin).

Here, supermarket/tinned lima beans are a little smaller and light green. Also good.

We ate so much at lunch, we're keeping it light for supper:

Back
Top Bottom