What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

A nice cup of Covent Garden Blend.

We also call those butter beans, very large and white. I can see that now in the photos. Butter beans are about my favorite non-green bean. I make a nice appetizer of tinned butter beans mixed with shallot, garlic, mustard, and olive oil, and served on crostini (borrowed from Jacques Pepin).

Here, supermarket/tinned lima beans are a little smaller and light green. Also good.

We ate so much at lunch, we're keeping it light for supper:

For ‘crostini’ you mean that bread slices , by chance? Only curious

View attachment 37860

I’ve been negligent in posting the amazing food I’ve had in Paris. But, I must show this one. It’s an absolutely gorgeous macaroon with raspberries. I was full after dinner, but I still ate the entire thing.

We need more French food pics! Hope you are having a great time.

View attachment 37860

I’ve been negligent in posting the amazing food I’ve had in Paris. But, I must show this one. It’s an absolutely gorgeous macaroon with raspberries. I was full after dinner, but I still ate the entire thing.

Didn't know you were away, visit moulin rouge if you get time, it's really worth it.

Russ

Food in Paris at Chez Félicie. Despite the look, the cost was reasonable (24€ for the steak dinner and 17€ for the duck).

Filet mignon with beans and baby potatoes. I really appreciate the simplicity of perfectly prepared ingredients.

33172231-D9C1-4CCA-8C89-DABF17E5FC92.jpeg

Duck breast with the same wonderful potatoes and an unfortunately soggy mini salad. The duck has the look and feel of an excellent steak.

0A44D1CC-521F-4D53-B089-86DA6F02E085.jpeg

I saw this really good looking piece of Prime ribeye in the freezer yesterday, and made the commitment to thaw it and cook it today.

I went full carnivore on it.

Meat, salt pepper. I cooked it sous vide for two hours at 136F. I gave it a good char with the Searsall, and let it rest. Then I sliced it with my new (Christmas present) slicer knife, and fishished with a little course ground sea salt and course ground pepper.

PerfectRibeye001.jpg

I'll try to fit some vegetables into my diet tomorrow.

CD

Back
Top Bottom