What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Artichokes, again. I really love them! These are the Roman artichoke variety called “mammole”.
I’ve stewed them and instead of filling them with basil and garlic as usual, I’ve minced few fresh mint leaves and I was very pleased with this change

Ended up going out to a Vietnamese place last night. Had fried shrimp and pork eggrolls, shrimp springrolls, Asian clams in a lemongrass/Thai basil/bird chile broth that was fantastic, and a hotpot for 2 that had beef slices, shrimp, fish, octopus, fish balls, assorted cabbages, corn, tomatoes and enoki mushrooms. Good meal.

Steak and chips for tea. The steak came from M&S. It was supposed to be sirloin, but when it hit the hot pan it steamed rather than seared and refused to take any colour, and when done it was like boot leather. That was the worst steak I have had in years, some supplier is definitely ripping off Marks and Spencers.

Steak and chips for tea. The steak came from M&S. It was supposed to be sirloin, but when it hit the hot pan it steamed rather than seared and refused to take any colour, and when done it was like boot leather. That was the worst steak I have had in years, some supplier is definitely ripping off Marks and Spencers.

Bad steak is a real tragedy

full.jpg
Bayoubaisse. We had seen this on a Food Paradise show just before Halloween when they featured Muriel's in NOLA due to the fact that the restaurant is reported to have a ghost. It has fish and shrimp balls, mussels, shrimp, crab and andouille in a Creole bouillabaisse sauce, served over orzo. I did pretty good with no recipe to follow, just what I had seen on TV as the chef was cooking. Needs a tweak or 2 but really good nonetheless.

Craig can post a pic of our appy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom