What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Roast from the knuckle, carrots, potatoes and onions. Sauce is the marinade for the beef. All cooked via sous vide at various times , with potatoes finished in oven with olive oil to crisp.

Catch up times. Been a tad distracted with hubby in hospital and a sick chick to deal with.

2 evening meals, the Sri Lankan Root Vegetable & Ancient Grain Curry with Cauliflower & Brown Rice is OK. I prefer the other one but need variety occasionally!

Last night was a quick and easy meal, rice noodles then garlic scrambled egg with the noodles in the pan. Not pretty but certainly tasty.

Today's lunch was meant to be at home, but the nurses decided not to discharge hubby (this is after i had set out to pick him up) most likely because of me being in the wheelchair... So instead of lunch at home, i had a list if things to buy or hire before tomorrow (!), no packed lunch and a cafe that refuses to cook anything from the breakfast menu after 11am even when they don't have a vegan option on the menu.

The I'll go elsewhere then got a vegan option out of them thankfully.
Hidden under the salad (very tasty if unsubstantial) is 2 thin slices of seared marinated tofu (tasty) but at AUD $20 (roughly £10) I won't be eating lunch there again. Breakfast is our normal there and is great.

Back
Top Bottom