What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

We went out to our favorite high end Italian restaurant. It's a once or twice a year thing because we go all out and it's not inexpensive. First, the wine, and we also ended up ordering and drinking 2 bottles of San Pellegrino water.
View attachment 37031
Antipasti was a special 0f braised octopus with olives, capers, teardrop peppers over arugula, and a cold cut plate of bresaola, prosciutto, speck, salami and mortadella, with a bread basket of a Tuscan bread, grissini and cracker bread.
View attachment 37032
View attachment 37033

Pasta course was speck and porcini with a thyme and butter sauce over freshly made linguini. We shared an order of that.

View attachment 37034
Main was a wild boar ragu with a black truffle polenta cake. We ended up taking most of that home because we both felt so full.

View attachment 37035
I REALLY wanted dessert so we had tirmisu and double espressos. Complimentary limoncello after.

View attachment 37036

I’m touched!
All looks very delicious

We went out to our favorite high end Italian restaurant. It's a once or twice a year thing because we go all out and it's not inexpensive. First, the wine, and we also ended up ordering and drinking 2 bottles of San Pellegrino water.
View attachment 37031
Antipasti was a special 0f braised octopus with olives, capers, teardrop peppers over arugula, and a cold cut plate of bresaola, prosciutto, speck, salami and mortadella, with a bread basket of a Tuscan bread, grissini and cracker bread.
View attachment 37032
View attachment 37033

Pasta course was speck and porcini with a thyme and butter sauce over freshly made linguini. We shared an order of that.

View attachment 37034
Main was a wild boar ragu with a black truffle polenta cake. We ended up taking most of that home because we both felt so full.

View attachment 37035
I REALLY wanted dessert so we had tirmisu and double espressos. Complimentary limoncello after.

View attachment 37036

I'm envious...

One of the best bone less pork chops that i have ever made. I made a lemon garlic marinade!

One of the best bone less pork chops that i have ever made. I made a lemon garlic marinade!

I'm not sure that I've had a "bone less" pork chop before. The last pork chop that I had was late last year and, considering that pork was* cheap here, this one was bloody expensive!

(About £ 3.60 - ½ kg)

* The Chinese ebola virus is now causing our pork prices to rise.

Anything Sushi is good <3

I really love sushi and I’m glad to be able to eat it again. Few years ago I was at a Japanese restaurant, but something went wrong and I was very ill. I wasn’t able to eat it for a couple of years - mostly for fear to replicate that bad experience. If you won’t hear from me for a couple of years though, you’ll know why 😂

Last edited:
Light lunch today. This is proper Red Leicester cheese bought at the cheese club,not the tasteless rubbery stuff you buy in supermarkets.

View attachment 37049

Red Leicester cheese! Oh I love it! I had the chance to taste it in London at Neil’s Yard shop and I was so enthusiastic with it that I’ve brought a piece of it in Italy. Friends were enthusiastic too. A very good cheese among others I have had

Red Leicester cheese! Oh I love it! I had the chance to taste it in London at Neil’s Yard shop and I was so enthusiastic with it that I’ve brought a piece of it in Italy. Friends were enthusiastic too. A very good cheese among others I have had

Our foreign food supplier used to stock red Leicester. Unfortunately no more.

Our foreign food supplier used to stock red Leicester. Unfortunately no more.
This is proper Red Leicester, the creamaries that are licensed to produce Stilton got together and remade the authentic old recipe. It has a very distinctive flavour and the rind carries a hint of the Stilton smell because it is aged in the same stores. I can't eat the supermarket Red Leicesters which are normally just dyed cheddars anyway

Back
Top Bottom