What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an horrendous storm yesterday afternoon just as I'd finished cooking my dinner. I was stuck with very subdued daylight and fluorescent tubes so the image lacks decent lighting.

Pan fried gammon steak, roast potatoes, peas, poached eggs and English mustard.

gammon eggs july 2 s.jpg

I took advantage of local sales and made chicken fajitas. Chicken seasoned and seared in my cast iron pan while I cooked up the onions and bell peppers in my largest non-stick pan. Introduced them all in the cast iron and married the flavors. Simple add-ins of sour cream, salsa, and cheddar cheese when they were assembled in a warm flour tortilla flat.

Currently, I'm snacking on fresh cherries and stale pistachio nuts. Will chase them all down with my nightly glass of wine.

You ain't missing much. Skeeters are taking over this year...
Apparently those little blood suckers don't need a passport. We have an abundance of the pests ourselves. Add in ticks and the fear of Lyme disease and one feels like barricading oneself in one's home.

Lunch at home yesterday:

IMG_1646.JPG

Red prawns, scallops and cockles (supposed to be clams, but I got the apprentice fishmonger). Cooked down a finely chopped shallot, white wine, fish stock. Threw in the prawns and cockles to poach, scallops seared in another pan first then added. Double cream to thicken, generous squeeze of lemon, seasoned and fresh parsley on top. Served with rustic French bread and plenty of beurre d'Isigny. And wine - a nice chilled Gavi.

Apparently those little blood suckers don't need a passport. We have an abundance of the pests ourselves. Add in ticks and the fear of Lyme disease and one feels like barricading oneself in one's home.
I've got a bloodsucker in my bathroom. It played possum last night when I hit it and then dropped it in the toilet. A few minutes later, it flew back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom