What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My! :ohmy: Well THAT'S a way to make your diners stick around longer. They might not ever come back if they escape, though.

Sounds like it would be good with lasagna. I have the shelf stable Parmesan.

Possibly, though we sometimes make a home version of the "Sizzler" bread to accompany pasta.

Use thick cut white bread and butter it with a compound butter that has garlic, parsley & the shelf stable Parmesan and grill the buttered side leaving the the other side fresh soft & fluffy.

Oh dear! Nice looking Yorkshire Pudding though.

This is how my mum (bless her) and subsequently my wife used to serve Yorkshire Puddings on a Sunday. There was not much room for owt else after that plateful.

yorkshire puddings.jpg

We have arrived on holiday in the North East of Iceland, yesterday for our first meal we had a full Icelandic buffet which included cold sliced roast horse, smoked lamb heart, ox tongue, cured goose, salmon several ways, hot beef cheeks in carraway, roast lamb and white fish. Forgot the phone to take photos sorry, but it was very impressive. Hopefully I will post pictures of our other meals over the coming week.

View attachment 8721 That is some pickled breadfruit which was a side dish of sorts.Had the usual Sunday rice and chicken and all the rest of it. The breadfruit was a treat as it's the first time I went all out with it.
I've never had breadfruit. I don't know anywhere here I can buy it except perhaps canned. That looks very interesting @winterybella

I've never had breadfruit. I don't know anywhere here I can buy it except perhaps canned. That looks very interesting @winterybella
I was wondering if it is there. I'll remember to ask some of my school friends living there. I reconnected with a few recently and I've been telling one who likes to cook that he should check out the forum. I suspect every Bajan living abroad craves a piece of breadfruit from time to time. There are endless ways to prepare it. In the end I had to add more pepper. My crew thought it was way too mild.

We have arrived on holiday in the North East of Iceland, yesterday for our first meal we had a full Icelandic buffet which included cold sliced roast horse, smoked lamb heart, ox tongue, cured goose, salmon several ways, hot beef cheeks in carraway, roast lamb and white fish. Forgot the phone to take photos sorry, but it was very impressive. Hopefully I will post pictures of our other meals over the coming week.

That is a very meat-centric buffet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom