What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a thick, oblong steak cut from the round, usually top round. I don't know why it's called a london broil.
It's different up here in Canada, also. It is wrapped around seasoned ground pork then cut into hockey pucks.
upload_2017-3-28_17-10-52.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks good, Rock. It's odd that two completely different preparations use the same name that isn't known where it sounds like it's from.

They should make up their minds. Talk about an identity crisis. Sheesh! :wink:

Last edited:
I had cauliflower, courgette [zucchini], and leek lasagne for my dinner tonight. Well I had to try it out before I posted the recipe :laugh:

WP_20170328_21_21_46_Pro.jpg

Sorry the photo is a bit blurry. I don't have a flash so rely on the kitchen lighting at this time of night :D The loaf is one I made earlier cooling down - I've already started eating the other one :giggle:

That looks good, Rock. It's odd that two completely different preparations use the same name that isn't known where it sounds like it's from.

From my time in the USA - in the environs of Chicago, I learned that what we call a sirloin, you guys call a New York strip steak. Now I get that the strip is the strip of fat, but why New York?

Tonight we had pizza night with home-made dough, prawns chilli, and black olives (no cheese).

I hope you fell better, Mypinch.

Ken, I've tried making mince with knives before, and while it's workable, it doesn't exactly come out like it would if you used a meat grinder. The meat doesn't get pulverized in the proper way.

I bought a very good meat grinder a few years ago for making burgers and sausages. It's the Lem #12 stainless steel meat grinder.

If you are a gadget person, or might have the need to use it often, check it out.

Very kind Buckytom, thank you for asking...unfortunately I don't feel better and today there's a really great sunny spring day here...I can only see it by my windows :(...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom