What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ate shredded wheat in almond milk. I've developed a craving for shredded wheat.

I never have liked shredded weight. My aunt always used to give it to my cousins for breakfast when we were young and on the odd occasions I stayed round there I used to plead insanity. I always preferred Shreddies.

I never have liked shredded weight. My aunt always used to give it to my cousins for breakfast when we were young and on the odd occasions I stayed round there I used to plead insanity. I always preferred Shreddies.

But they have sugar and other additives. I'm very impressed that shredded wheat is so 'pure'.

I prefer to use dry white wine instead of red wine, also for ragù. I use it only for risotto with chicory or, as obvious, for risotto al Barolo. But I like to find out different manner of cooking
That is interesting. I nearly always use red wine in a tomato based sauce (well - tomatoes are red so it seems logical). But I have used white sometimes if there is no red wine. I can't say I notice much difference in the taste. But in risotto - are you saying you use red wine in risotto with chicory?

That is interesting. I nearly always use red wine in a tomato based sauce (well - tomatoes are red so it seems logical). But I have used white sometimes if there is no red wine. I can't say I notice much difference in the taste. But in risotto - are you saying you use red wine in risotto with chicory?

Yes I use red wine in risotto with chicory. For the rest I only use white wine and the taste ( for me) is different.

Last night's dinner was a hot dog with lots of spicy brown mustard, and chili cheese fries.

0329172349a.jpg

0329172348b.jpg

and boy am I paying for it today. :heat:

Artichoke heart and tomato salad with black lava salt, beetroot powder and walnut oil. Made with artichokes left over from the artichoke recipe challenge which I had marinated in lemon juice, to preserve. Talking of the Recipe Challenge, where are all those cauliflower recipes, guys?

IMGP1818.jpg

IMGP1819.jpg

@morning glory Where do you get beetroot powder from and how else can it be used? Is it tasty?
I bought it on line (probably via Amazon but I'm not sure). It tastes subtly of beetroot but its main purpose is as a natural colouring agent. Here I used it for appearance really. You can use it to turn food pinky red!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom