What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had duck for a long time. I'd like to know how you cook it as last time I did it was a little tough. Was it a whole duck?
I prick the duck all over and stick it breast down on a rack in the oven so that all the lovely duck fat runs through it and drips into the roasting tray. Other than that I just cooked it like Pete said. Oh - I do not rub it all over with salt like some cooking instructions suggest :meh:

Chicken baked in spiced yoghurt with red peppers

IMGP1723.jpg

My wife made Korean BBQ for dinner tonight. Beef bulgogi and spicy pork bulgogi (dae ji bulgogi) with ssamjang paste and shredded scallions on red leaf lettuce.
Ban chan sides were seaweed salad, tofu kimchee, squid salad, and black flying fish roe.

My wife made Korean BBQ for dinner tonight. Beef bulgogi and spicy pork bulgogi (dae ji bulgogi) with ssamjang paste and shredded scallions on red leaf lettuce.
Ban chan sides were seaweed salad, tofu kimchee, squid salad, and black flying fish roe.
I would love to have seen a photo of that!

That looks delicious, MypinchofItaly. I like the ideas of adding fruit, and the moscarpone substitution.

I would love to have seen a photo of that!

I'll try to snap a picture next time. We have it a few times a month.

We love pictures! :okay::D

Unless they're the pictures of the same food from last night. Usual story, I had planned beef steak but a mate came around and we had a few bevvies, so it was the rest of yesterday's ribs re-heated in the microwave.

JO black pork ribs 2 s.jpg

Ops! I did it again :D
Yesterday we had a couple of friends to lunch, so I've prepared ( again) for dessert: tiramisù with strawberries - no mascarpone cheese- greek yogurt and ricotta cheese...well, as ancient latin people said: Repetita iuvant!:laugh:
View attachment 5650
So long as it was coffee-less tiramisu, I'd be OK with that. Whilst I love coffee, I do not like coffee-flavoured anything. Which reminds me, why do people think that a good coffee cake contains coffee? A good coffee cake is an excellent accompaniment to coffee, but it is not coffee-flavoured. Or is that the German-ness coming out in me? :laugh:

So long as it was coffee-less tiramisu, I'd be OK with that. Whilst I love coffee, I do not like coffee-flavoured anything. Which reminds me, why do people think that a good coffee cake contains coffee? A good coffee cake is an excellent accompaniment to coffee, but it is not coffee-flavoured. Or is that the German-ness coming out in me? :laugh:

It could be :D.. I'm glad you like my version of tiramisù...but I'm not sure to understand your reason about coffee cake not flavoured:scratchhead:

The original "walnut whips" were coffee flavoured. I couldn't stomach them. And then vanilla flavour was introduced and I became almost addicted to them.

I also drink coffee.

but I'm not sure to understand your reason about coffee cake not flavoured:scratchhead:

Possibly @Elawin means that in Germany (?), coffee cakes are cakes made to be eaten whilst drinking coffee. So they don't have coffee in them. In the UK there is something called a Teacake which doesn't have any tea in it!

Aubergine, potato and feta bake. This photo was taken before baking it - but to be honest you would be hard put to tell the difference. Recipe here

IMGP1732.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom