What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner this evening was: chicken kiev, potato dauphinois and carrots washed down with a glass of Vesevo, a very interesting Italian white wine we picked up at the last wine tasting evening we went to.

20180330_175034.jpg

Dinner this evening was: chicken kiev, potato dauphinois and carrots washed down with a glass of Vesevo, a very interesting Italian white wine we picked up at the last wine tasting evening we went to.

View attachment 15066
This was Lu's first ever chicken kiev, and at least 35 years since I had one. We decided to have a 1980s retro meal.

Lamb shank looks great, as do other meals, I'm going to,try to replicate Singapore satay I had at a food truck last night. I make my own satay sauce from scratch but the sauce I had was another level. I need to get this right. I've giggled it and I can see things I don't use, so I'm confident.

Russ

My son is experimenting with fried chicken, inspired by an episode of Ugly Delicious

My daughter is experimenting with deep fried battered potato scallops because she will be cooking them at school during an assessment next week.

My son is experimenting with fried chicken, inspired by an episode of Ugly Delicious

My daughter is experimenting with deep fried battered potato scallops because she will be cooking them at school during an assessment next week.

Good that they are cooking! That is lots of frying going on...:):ohmy:

It's Saturday here. That's our unhealthy day. The kids always want to take it to the next level.

My treat is normally potato gems/tater tots (oven baked) with maybe some bacon though today I had it with garlicy panfried kale and smoked cod. That's breakfast.

Lunch will be smashed avocado & feta on toast. If I get hungry.

Takeout Cinese tonight.

Chinese spinach noodle soup, extra spicy shrimp curry, and shrimp chow mein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom