What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of sausage was it? I love Soppressata on pizza, but it is very expensive where I live. Pepperoni is about one-third the price, so I often settle for it instead of Soppressata.

CD

The Spicy Salame I used is called 'Ventricina'. I usually don't put Soppressata on pizza (personal taste, I prefer to eat soppressata along with bread and/or cheese), but I agree with you that Soppressata has a spectacular taste. Pepperoni is a good give-and-take

Lunch today: Rigatoni with broad beans, guanciale (pork cheek), Pecorino and some fresh mint leaves to give a twist of freshness

I got hungry for some Buffalo wings. I prefer to cook them myself, because the wing restaurants overcook their wings. But, that's not why men go to Hooters anyway. I'm at the age where I prefer to eat good wings, than to look at breasts. :laugh:

My wing sauce is a mix of butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

View attachment 34588

CD

looks great - and some celery for the healthy bit!

I got hungry for some Buffalo wings. I prefer to cook them myself, because the wing restaurants overcook their wings. But, that's not why men go to Hooters anyway. I'm at the age where I prefer to eat good wings, than to look at breasts. :laugh:

My wing sauce is a mix of butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

View attachment 34588

CD
I loooove hot wings, and those look great.

Hooters is one of the places that offers free food on Veteran's Day. I always like to wind my wife up:

"So have you worked out your Veteran's Day strategy yet?"

"Yeah, Denny's for breakfast, Applebee's for lunch, and either Chili's or Hooter's for supper."

"So you're going to Chili's." 🤨

Hahaha! 😆

We had stuffed bell peppers using variegated Aloha bell peppers (red, yellow, orange). Stuffing was cooked ground beef, onion, garlic, mushrooms, with a little Worcestershire, red wine, S and P, plus a wild/brown/red/white rice blend, with a little Papillon bleu cheese mixed in. I poured some red wine, a little Worcestershire and some beef stock in the bottom of the casserole pan they cooked in to make a thin sauce. They were really good. We ate really late for us, so no pic.

I had wondered if the color variations were just skin deep or were in the flesh too. Pleasantly surprised when Craig charred and skinned them and we found they went all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom