What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biscuits are similar to what we would call scones. And 'white' gravy is a thing in the US. Biscuits & gravy means something very different from what would be understood in the UK. There is a thread about it somewhere on the forum...

Yeah I've come across on other murican sites.

Russ

Biscuits are similar to what we would call scones. And 'white' gravy is a thing in the US. Biscuits & gravy means something very different from what would be understood in the UK. There is a thread about it somewhere on the forum...
We're having (American) biscuits and gravy this weekend. I'll post some pics, but I'll warn you now, I'm using pre-made frozen Pillsbury biscuits, which are nothing like homemade biscuits or scones or anything else. :)

Mexican tonight. Quesadillas made with chorizo, onions, poblano peppers, garlic and muenster cheese. Corn salad/salsa with lightly charred corn, jalapenos, red bell, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and queso fresco. And, of course, guacamole.

We're having (American) biscuits and gravy this weekend. I'll post some pics, but I'll warn you now, I'm using pre-made frozen Pillsbury biscuits, which are nothing like homemade biscuits or scones or anything else. :)

I discovered a while back when I made American biscuits and white gravy that its very difficult to make it look good on the plate - the ultimate 'beige food'. I did photograph it but it was not pretty. Not sure if I posted it or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom