What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scallop ceviche.

I like the charred cabbage. :okay:
Thanks!

This is why I like engaging with you all. If I were still on FB, and had I posted that pic, I would have gotten multiple comments along the lines of, "that sauce looks like vomit!" - but you all know that a mustard sauce, cooked in the pan drippings, is going to come out yellowish-brown, and you're also going to know that mustard...sage...some kind of broth, maybe a little wine...likely some cream and butter in there...that probably tastes damn delicious! :)

Thanks!

This is why I like engaging with you all. If I were still on FB, and had I posted that pic, I would have gotten multiple comments along the lines of, "that sauce looks like vomit!" - but you all know that a mustard sauce, cooked in the pan drippings, is going to come out yellowish-brown, and you're also going to know that mustard...sage...some kind of broth, maybe a little wine...likely some cream and butter in there...that probably tastes damn delicious! :)

Oh my, it depends on the groups on Facebook and their rules/your filters.

Today I, yes me, cooked lamb shanks, mash and broccoli. I worked from a recipe and when the meat came out ready to do the gravy it didn't taste too good,seasoned it then added sugar because the recipe called for a tin of tomatoes, with the help of The Velvet Curtain the sauce was saved. Wasn't until we were eating it that he pointed out that with using toms it was a bit like the Greek way of doing it so maybe we should have used honey instead of sugar. There was plenty left so it is going to be frozen, he then wants to make Greek style meatballs and use the gravy to make a stew.

Thanks!

We all have our different tastes, 1 of my colleagues gags at the thought of drinking water however she is a smoker....

Orecchiette with Italian sausage, sage and browned butter. Pecorino romano cheese.
View attachment 34829

Not a criticism, but would a sprinkle of basil over that do the picture more pleasant. Like give it some colour. I'm sure it's really yummy, just I'm always aware of presentation. Don't mean to be mean. I love Italian.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom