What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a criticism, but would a sprinkle of basil over that do the picture more pleasant. Like give it some colour. I'm sure it's really yummy, just I'm always aware of presentation. Don't mean to be mean. I love Italian.

Russ

I don't think sage and basil would work together and I'm not a big fan of parsley.

Cannellini beans salad with celery, carrot, tomatoes, onion, basil and a pinch of poppy seeds

Fish finger sandwiches are a 'thing' in the UK. I'm quite partial to one sometimes - it has to be in soft white bread and with brown sauce for me. I've never considered cheese in them.

Cheese on a fish sandwich is a McDonald's thing. I can do without it. When I make a fried fish sandwich at home, I don't use cheese, just some homemade tartar sauce. I use a white-bread hamburger bun, warmed for 12 seconds in the microwave oven so it is warm and soft.

CD

I had a bone-in pork chop, sous vide and seared, served on some wild rice with garlic butter. I seasoned the chop with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and put it in the vacuum sealed bag with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary from the garden. Seared with the Searsall.

PorChop-11-19-001.jpg

CD

I had a bone-in pork chop, sous vide and seared, served on some wild rice with garlic butter. I seasoned the chop with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and put it in the vacuum sealed bag with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary from the garden. Seared with the Searsall.

View attachment 34869

CD

Delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom