What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now for sunday's dinner. We hadn't really planned anything and ended up in a Spanish tapas restaurant.

We decided to go with the chef's selection as we are both not very familiar with Spanish food and wanted to try some new foods.

This was the cold selection:

Iberico ham, Serrano ham, chorizo sausage, grilled poblanos, manchego cheese, ailioli, tuna salad, bread and olives.

I loved the Iberico ham, chorizo and ailioli. Manchego was a bit too bitter for me.

Then we had the hot selection:

Albondigas, grilled chicken & pork, calamari, iberico croquetas, patatas bravas and spicy mayo.

The chicken and pork were stunning, the croquetas were nice and the albondigas too. The patata bravas were just fried potatoes which was ok but not as they are supposed to be.

For dessert I had Crema Catalana, a kind of cold crème brûlée. Very nice indeed.

All in all a very good meal, but not as great as the one on saturday.

Bit of catching up to do!
Saturday was pizza night - made from scratch with cheese, onions, and tomatoes.
Sunday was a two egg omelette with cheese, mushrooms, onions, and baked beans with the last couple of slices of sourdough bread until I make some more.
Monday night was a veggie curry and rice, with enough of the veggies left to make a soup for lunch on Tuesday. Dinner that night was a home made lasagne with home made lasagne sheets. There's enough of that left for dinner tonight; just as well because today is going to be another busy day.

Now for sunday's dinner. We hadn't really planned anything and ended up in a Spanish tapas restaurant.

We decided to go with the chef's selection as we are both not very familiar with Spanish food and wanted to try some new foods.

This was the cold selection:
View attachment 34929

Iberico ham, Serrano ham, chorizo sausage, grilled poblanos, manchego cheese, ailioli, tuna salad, bread and olives.

I loved the Iberico ham, chorizo and ailioli. Manchego was a bit too bitter for me.

Then we had the hot selection:
View attachment 34930

Albondigas, grilled chicken & pork, calamari, iberico croquetas, patatas bravas and spicy mayo.

The chicken and pork were stunning, the croquetas were nice and the albondigas too. The patata bravas were just fried potatoes which was ok but not as they are supposed to be.

View attachment 34931

For dessert I had Crema Catalana, a kind of cold crème brûlée. Very nice indeed.

All in all a very good meal, but not as great as the one on saturday.

That is quite a lot to eat... were those plates shared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom