What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three cheese (moz, ricotta, Parm R) stuffed shells.

I made an Italian-American classic for supper tonight. Sausage and peppers (and onions). It is usually made with green bell peppers, but the orange ones are sweeter. They balance out the spicy Italian sausage. The leftovers will go into a toasted hoagie roll tomorrow for another I/A classic, a sausage and peppers sandwich.

SausPepp001.jpg

CD

I made an Italian-American classic for supper tonight. Sausage and peppers (and onions). It is usually made with green bell peppers, but the orange ones are sweeter. They balance out the spicy Italian sausage. The leftovers will go into a toasted hoagie roll tomorrow for another I/A classic, a sausage and peppers sandwich.

View attachment 34946

CD
Oh, you're killing me! Split hoagie roll, some red sauce, some cheese...oh, that sounds good!

I'm having beef today; the last piece. Unfortunately my beef supplier is sick so there will be no delivery tomorrow. Maybe he'll be better by next Friday.

CD

As green peppers are NOT my favorite, we always use red, yellow or orange bells when making sausage and peppers or cheese steak sammies. You've probably given Craig a nudge on what to do with the package of hot and mild sausages in the freezer.

Pan fried and blowlamp seared beef fillet with oven chips.

morning glory - these oven chips were much better that my previous attempt. I parboiled the chips first (7 minutes) then basically cooked them as I would roast potatoes in the halogen oven, i.e. brushing them with olive oil.

I like sausage and pepper subs, with the meat and peppers done on the grill, with or without red sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom