What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some wholemeal bread this morning and naturally had cheese and pickle sandwiches for lunch. Weetabix, milk and yoghurt with some fresh white figs made a lovely breakfast. I haven't made my mind up yet as to what to have for dinner, but it'll be rice pudding for afters!

Not heard of that...which is strange because I love rice.

Windigo - 'Pandan' I know as a flavouring and I do use it in rice - kewra water is distilled from the Pandan leaf. I often sprinkle it on rice once cooked. The Pandan leaves can be used to wrap things in to cook. So - I'm wondering if the rice you are cooking is pre-seasoned with pandan flavouring?

It looks delicious! It is a particular kind of rice or a common one? I’m a fan of rice by the way, I could eat it in any way - even raw ! :laugh:

I eat a lot of rice, too. Growing up in Southeast Texas, rice was very common in meals, since rice is a big cash crop for the area. Same with Southern Louisiana, which is why it is in so many Cajun and Creole foods.

CD

I had penne with a kale and tomato sauce in the end. I was going to make a kale pesto but felt too lazy to get the liquidizer down. I sprinkled some crushed pecan nuts in the sauce too. And, yes, I did have rice pudding for afters, although not straight away. Now its cocoa time and back to hibernating.

I had penne with a kale and tomato sauce in the end. I was going to make a kale pesto but felt too lazy to get the liquidizer down. I sprinkled some crushed pecan nuts in the sauce too. And, yes, I did have rice pudding for afters, although not straight away. Now its cocoa time and back to hibernating.

I'm trying to translate "liquidizer" to Murican. It's either a Juicer or a blender, and I'm leaning heavily towards blender because it seems more appropriate for making a pesto.

CD

Windigo - 'Pandan' I know as a flavouring and I do use it in rice - kewra water is distilled from the Pandan leaf. I often sprinkle it on rice once cooked. The Pandan leaves can be used to wrap things in to cook. So - I'm wondering if the rice you are cooking is pre-seasoned with pandan flavouring?

It's sold here, it's an Indonesian type of rice and indeed pre seasoned with pandan flavor.

WindigoThe Pandan leaves can be used to wrap things in to cook. So - I'm wondering if the rice you are cooking is pre-seasoned with pandan flavouring?

Pandan Chicken is a favourite here.

This chicken looks as if its battered and fried then wrapped in pandan leaves - that doesn't seem right. Do you know how its cooked?

I have no idea about that one in particular, I just pulled the image off the net. As far as I know, the chicken pandan cooked in a local restaurant here is chicken marinated in pandan leaf juice then wrapped in the leaves (tied up) and deep fried. The leaves become brittle.

Tonight's evening meal thrown together from home-made stuff mostly. Though I'll admit I didn't grow the olives :whistling: my trees are flowering separately not together so are not pollinating each other which is annoying!

Lettuce, sprouted lentils and beans, pickled curried eggs, sauerkraut, tomatoes, falafels (not home-made), pickled beetroot and onion, qukes, kalamata olives...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom