What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humble grilled Italian sausages and vege sandwich. Marinated the vege in olive oil, balsamic, lots of garlic, S&P. red wine vinegar, olive oil and oregano for condiments.

full.jpg

The orange spring rolls are filled with a spicy pork mince, and the other is a beef croquette, something we frequently eat here. Link:
Dutch food - Kroketten & Bitterballen - Food Crumbles

Thank you for the explanation! I’ve also taken a look at the link you shared, very interesting!
As maybe I’ve already said, several years ago I have been to Amsterdam and I ate in a Dutch restaurant a fantastic soup made with beer and goat cheese.

Thank you for the explanation! I’ve also taken a look at the link you shared, very interesting!
As maybe I’ve already said, several years ago I have been to Amsterdam and I ate in a Dutch restaurant a fantastic soup made with beer and goat cheese.

I think the world underestimates Dutch food.

Sure we have a lot of bland foods, but that reputation was mainly earned in the 50s to 70s era. Since that time the Dutch have made a comeback and actually have quite a few Michelin star restaurants and a growing foodie movement. There definitely is a lot of good food if you are open to it, and also traditional foods like these beef croquettes deserve more recognition. I am pretty sure lots of people would love them if they got to try them.

Warm lamb sammich with mint jelly and relish, also 2 slices smoked cheese. Lots of pepper. Can't beat home kill lamb slow cooked at 150 for 3 hours.

Russ
May I humbly raise the stakes on that? Shoulder of lamb cooked for 24 hours @ 75 deg C, in a rub of garlic, anchovies and rosemary. The juices make an awesome gravy.

What kind of cheese is? And what about that salame?
The cheese is some French cream cheese flavored with garlic and herbs. I don't know the brand, as I've already thrown away the wrapper. :)

The salame is a locally-made variety, from one of the German butchers, and they call it "cracker sausage," as it goes well with crackers. It's very mild, and those blobs are some kind of cheese.

The pickles are also local, sweet garlic dill chips.

The cheese is some French cream cheese flavored with garlic and herbs. I don't know the brand, as I've already thrown away the wrapper. :)

The salame is a locally-made variety, from one of the German butchers, and they call it "cracker sausage," as it goes well with crackers. It's very mild, and those blobs are some kind of cheese.

The pickles are also local, sweet garlic dill chips.

French cream cheese flavored qith garlic and herbs...oooh, delicious, and same for that cracker sausage.

Enjoy your lunch, I'm going to enjoy my dinner in a hour roughly

Had a 'Dutch weed burger' a vegan burger that's quite famous over here for lunch, and it was actually pretty tasty. It's not real weed of course, it's based on seaweed. But one of the better vegan meals I've had. Oh and the hands are my husband's.

For MypinchofItaly:

"Cracker Sausage is one of newest and best selling products. Cracker sausage is the perfect snack. This all pork snack comes made with cheese so all you have to do is provide the cracker. The secret spices make the sausage sweet but a mild pepper cheese gives it spicy kick. This is a must try! Seriously it’s that good! (Sold by one-link unit, 1.25 lb)"

That's from the butcher's website (Wilson's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom