What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Beanjar cooking away (see regional dishes thread). Beanjar is the name of the food and of the dish it is cooked in. Not a typical beanjar as a real beanjar is a pottery dish.

Had a 'Dutch weed burger' a vegan burger that's quite famous over here for lunch, and it was actually pretty tasty. It's not real weed of course, it's based on seaweed. But one of the better vegan meals I've had. Oh and the hands are my husband's.
View attachment 35054

Fascinating - I've tried all manner of vegan burgers but not seaweed. Do you know how it is made?

May I humbly raise the stakes on that? Shoulder of lamb cooked for 24 hours @ 75 deg C, in a rub of garlic, anchovies and rosemary. The juices make an awesome gravy.
View attachment 35049

View attachment 35048

My friend cooks his like that. Shoulder is so tender and my preferred cut. Mine was pre rolled, if I did it, it would have had sage and onion stuffing. Yours looks real yummy.

Russ

I made one of my versions of Cuban black beans. The foundation is traditional, and I dress it up to take it from a side to a meal.

Tonight, I added some smoked sausage that I pre charred on the grill (outdoor).

For my peppers, I used the last few jalapeños from my garden before the first freeze hit. They were tiny -- little more than an inch in length. I used three of them -- about two tablespoons finely diced. They were super hot. My sinuses will be clear for a week or more.

CubanBeans.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom