What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poached egg and tomatoes on toast with chilli flakes:

medtran49 Have you ever heard about 'Polenta concia?'

Not by that name, no. But, I have made polenta using fontina, as well as other cheeses like mascarpone, or gruyere, even just plain cream cheese if there is some unused in refrigerator. I did have Parm R in what I made last night. I nearly always use butter and milk or cream in my polenta as well, just like I do with grits. Even put in just a little beef stock, as well as chicken stock since the rich oxtail braise was going over it last night.

Not by that name, no. But, I have made polenta using fontina, as well as other cheeses like mascarpone, or gruyere, even just plain cream cheese if there is some unused in refrigerator. I did have Parm R in what I made last night. I nearly always use butter and milk or cream in my polenta as well, just like I do with grits. Even put in just a little beef stock, as well as chicken stock since the rich oxtail braise was going over it last night.

Right, Butter and Fontina, just perfect. Polenta Concia is a kind of Polenta from the mountain areas of the North of Italy - mostly Lombardy, Val D’Aosta, Trentino Alto Adige. It is a polenta bramata cooked with lots of cheese (and every Northern region has its own, Fontina or Taleggio or Bitto, just to name a few) sage sometimes and then butter, lot of it. And after that you can sleep for days....weeks as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom