What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After dinner, I made some glazed pecans to take to my family this week for the holidays.

Really simple. Just equal parts of butter, brown sugar and good maple syrup, cooked low in a saucepan until incorporated, and then stir in the pecans. When fully coated, spread them on baking sheets with wire racks and bake in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes. All the baking does is harden the glaze, which dries when it is cooled.

This batch, I used 2.5 pounds of pecan halves, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar, butter and maple syrup. But, as long as you use eaual parts for the glaze, you can make as much or as little as you want.

Pecans.jpg

You could easily use walnuts or almonds instead of pecans. Not sure about other nuts.

CD

After dinner, I made some glazed pecans to take to my family this week for the holidays.

Really simple. Just equal parts of butter, brown sugar and good maple syrup, cooked low in a saucepan until incorporated, and then stir in the pecans. When fully coated, spread them on baking sheets with wire racks and bake in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes. All the baking does is harden the glaze, which dries when it is cooled.

This batch, I used 2.5 pounds of pecan halves, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar, butter and maple syrup. But, as long as you use eaual parts for the glaze, you can make as much or as little as you want.

View attachment 35076

You could easily use walnuts or almonds instead of pecans. Not sure about other nuts.

CD

I do similar but add salt too - so a salty sweet taste. Sometimes chilli powder too.

Chicken with Spicy Garbanzo Beans/Chick Peas. From Indian Food by Veronica Sterling.

Ghee
Chicken thighs.
Onion
Garlic
Green Chili
Ground cumin, garam masala, turmeric and ground coriander
Chopped tomatoes
Mint
Chick peas
Coriander
Plain Yoghurt.

Enjoyed this, very tasty. It was more tangy than spicy as I think the green chili I used lacked a little punch. Should have used the tip I've read before. Always take a bite of the chili you are about to use to gauge it's strength before using it. That way you can adjust the amount to use.

This evening I had an M&S yorkshire pudding filled with potatoes, chicken, stuffing and chipolatas :yuck: horrible :thumbsdown:

I do similar but add salt too - so a salty sweet taste. Sometimes chilli powder too.

I have dusted them very lightly with cayenne pepper, but these are for my dad, and I didn't know if he would like the sweet/heat version.

CD

View attachment 35076

CD

And that is exactly what I intend to make.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom