What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 34992
Salmon and mussels in a mild curry veloute, with new potatoes, samphire, red grapes and parsley oil.

I like very much the use of samphire (are they also called as seafennels? In Italian they are called Salicornia or Asparagi di mare - sea asparagus).
I eat them rarely though
Did you leave them in the water for 24 hours before cooking them?

Last edited:
I like very much the use of samphire (are they also called as seafennels? In Italian they are called Salicornia or Asparagi di mare - sea asparagus).
I eat them rarely though
Did you leave them in the water for 24 hours before cooking them?
I love samphire (yes, also known as sea fennel). It also goes very well with lamb. I've never soaked it though. Would that be done if the samphire was older/tougher, or maybe to reduce the saltiness? I usually just sautee it lightly in a little butter, or steam it.

I'm trying to translate "liquidizer" to Murican. It's either a Juicer or a blender, and I'm leaning heavily towards blender because it seems more appropriate for making a pesto.

CD
Definitely a blender!
Just to confuse you even more, I have a grinder with a glass goblet. It's like a tiny version of my liquidiser and I use that instead if I only want very small amounts. Unfortunately it's not always suitable for making pesto, depending what green stuff you put in it.
P.S. I don't have a juicer - I use my liquidiser instead.

I love samphire (yes, also known as sea fennel). It also goes very well with lamb. I've never soaked it though. Would that be done if the samphire was older/tougher, or maybe to reduce the saltiness? I usually just sautee it lightly in a little butter, or steam it.

I wish to eat it more (it's full of iron too which I need), I don't know why I eat it so little..
Usually it is left it in the water for so long to reduce its saltiness, then cooked in Evoo or even in butter.

Last edited:
Last night's "meal" was a hilarious disaster.

Earlier, I'd purchased a tube of Pillsbury pizza dough, just because I needed a third Pillsbury item to use a coupon.

Pillsbury tube doughs are notoriously horrible, but I thought I could do some kind of acceptable cheater stromboli or calzones or something with it.

I finally landed on the idea of two festive-shaped pizzas - a snowman white pizza for the wife and a triangular pesto pizza for me. I even went to the trouble to cut out little ornament shapes from peppers, etc.

Well, Pillsbury pizza dough, when un-tubed, is in a rectangle, and that's the shape it wants to be in. What I should have done was just stretched and rolled it into a larger rectangle and cut shapes from that, but instead, I cut it into pieces and tried to re-ball the pieces, and that dough was having none of that.

I didn't get pics, but the wife's snowman looked like he'd been through some sort of mangler, very Dali-like.

My triangular tree - that looked exactly like a pair of g-string/thong underpants - festive, indeed!

I may revisit this before the holidays are over, but MrsTasty was a little traumatized munching on an accident-victim snowman (at least there was no red sauce) while watching me go to work on some cheesy green panties.

Had some Dutch snacks for lunch at a bar.

I didn't get pics, but the wife's snowman looked like he'd been through some sort of mangler, very Dali-like.

My triangular tree - that looked exactly like a pair of g-string/thong underpants - festive, indeed!

I may revisit this before the holidays are over, but MrsTasty was a little traumatized munching on an accident-victim snowman (at least there was no red sauce) while watching me go to work on some cheesy green panties.

:roflmao: Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom