What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an Italian-American classic for supper tonight. Sausage and peppers (and onions). It is usually made with green bell peppers, but the orange ones are sweeter. They balance out the spicy Italian sausage. The leftovers will go into a toasted hoagie roll tomorrow for another I/A classic, a sausage and peppers sandwich.

View attachment 34946

CD

They look delicious, your photo is spectacular!

I like sausage and pepper subs, with the meat and peppers done on the grill, with or without red sauce.

I actually pre-cooked the sausages on the grill, and let them cool. Then I cooked the peppers and onions in a skillet, sliced the sausages and tossed them with the peppers and onions to warm back up.

CD

I actually pre-cooked the sausages on the grill, and let them cool. Then I cooked the peppers and onions in a skillet, sliced the sausages and tossed them with the peppers and onions to warm back up.

CD

I like the flavor from the grilled sausages, peppers and onions. Sometimes I'll use vinegar, oil and dried oregano or giardiniera as condiments. Peppadews are also great as a condiment. I have to be careful though, as I'll eat them right out of the jar.

I'm not sure why I photographed this meal, it's nothing special. But, the studio was setup right, so it only took a couple of minutes.

It is a one-pound, two-ounce baker, covered with chili, cheddar cheese and chives. I didn't make the chili, it is Wolf Brand Chili, a long time Texas brand, so it's okay. I didn't want to make a big pot of chili for one spud.

ChiliSpud001.jpg

It was very tasty, but I feel like I just swallowed a bowling ball.

CD

I'm not sure why I photographed this meal, it's nothing special. But, the studio was setup right, so it only took a couple of minutes.

It is a one-pound, two-ounce baker, covered with chili, cheddar cheese and chives. I didn't make the chili, it is Wolf Brand Chili, a long time Texas brand, so it's okay. I didn't want to make a big pot of chili for one spud.

View attachment 34971

CD
Not bad for a 1 spud meal. :)

I had thai green curry daughter made from my paste I made up. It was very very good, no pics, I was hungry. Had asparagus from my friends garden in it as well.

Russ

View attachment 34971

CD
If I have to eat canned chili, Wolf's is the one I choose.

Yesterday was a disaster! I had an early morning doctor's appointment, and afterwards I took the dog for a walk down to the chemist's to get my new medication. The mutt completely and utterly disgraced himself by suddenly deciding to bark his head off in there - although he may have got impatient because they kept me waiting for a long time. When I got home, I made a tomato and onion soup and had that with a couple of slices of bread. I sat down to get on with some uni course work and promptly fell asleep. It was 11.15 pm before I woke up! Even the dog hadn't managed to wake me, so it was 11.30 before he and the cats had their dinner. Too late to cook, so I got the big bowl of rice pudding that I'd made during the night and ate about a third of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom