What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner this evening, The Velvet Curtain made cauliflower cheese with added mushrooms and smoked bacon, scrummy yummy.

Here in the US, I have NEVER thought much of McDonalds fries, even back in the day when I actually dropped in there.

Being so scrawny-skinny, these things were either too undercooked, overcooked, or just downright COLD.

If I do have fries, DO MAKE THEM steak fries (thick things), rather than those pieces of garbage.

I had McD fries once, many many years ago and wasn't impressed, haven't had any since, the smell of the place puts me off.

I had McD fries once, many many years ago and wasn't impressed, haven't had any since, the smell of the place puts me off.

I'm with you, I don't order fries with mcds. However I ordered a KFC meal the other night, in the meal included fries, I have to say they were very very nice. Hot and slightly spicy.

Russ

I read somewhere milk is set to a formula so it's the same year around? Here we get all types, prolly about 10 types, as a kid there was only 1 choice. We call it bluetop. Green top is non fat.

Russ

I am not a fanatic when it comes to organic, but I always buy organic milk. It tastes soooo much better than the standard industrial farm cheap stuff. It also has a shelf life about three to five times longer than regular budget quality milk. I just bought some that has a "best by" date of 12/26.

CD

I got hungry for some Buffalo wings. I prefer to cook them myself, because the wing restaurants overcook their wings. But, that's not why men go to Hooters anyway. I'm at the age where I prefer to eat good wings, than to look at breasts. :laugh:

My wing sauce is a mix of butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

BufWings001.jpg

CD

I got hungry for some Buffalo wings. I prefer to cook them myself, because the wing restaurants overcook their wings. But, that's not why men go to Hooters anyway. I'm at the age where I prefer to eat good wings, than to look at breasts. :laugh:

My wing sauce is a mix of butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

View attachment 34588

CD

A good breast is a thing of beauty!! :)

Russ

I think that you may call it "tenderloin"?

Well, we do refer to tenderloin as filet, as in filet mignon, but what I call tenderloin isn't flat in shape like what is in your photo. I guess it was just cut a little differently by the butcher than what I normally see.

Whatever you call it, it looks good!

CD

Well, we do refer to tenderloin as filet, as in filet mignon, but what I call tenderloin isn't flat in shape like what is in your photo. I guess it was just cut a little differently by the butcher than what I normally see.

Whatever you call it, it looks good!

CD

The same "butcher" supplies this as Filet Mignon - different shape, a little thicker and about 40% more expensive, pound for pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom