What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cod wrapped in bacon. Spuds and grilled asparagus.

Your sourdough looks superb.
Thank you! I was very pleased with it because of how cold it was in my kitchen while I was making it - it was about the same temperature as my fridge. I use the folding method and had to put it in the oven with just the light on to rest but even then it is so temperamental. I made a white sourdough loaf at the same time but using Canadian wheat flour (our Sainsbury's had it on offer at £1 for 1.5 kg but shorter than usual shelf life) and that rose really well. It does have the tiniest bit of yeast in it, but not so much you'd usually notice.

White sourdough with Canadian flour.jpg

The real sourdough loaf had Sainsbury's white and wholemeal bread flours in with Dove Farms organic rye flour.

This surprised me - I'd have laid bets on you having had it before. Did you like it? I've never eaten quinoa in muesli though - it needs cooking. Or do I misunderstand?

I wouldn't know, but in the muesli it is ready-puffed - a bit like Rice Krispies only small and round :roflmao:
I found out something else too. My Peruvian cousins say it should never be pronounced "keen-wah" or "keen-oh-wah" either. It is "keen-o-wah" with a very, very short "o", and they should know. :wink:

It's grown a lot in the UK and has been grown by a local to me farm for about 40 or so years, and they can't pronounce it either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom