What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asian snacks for lunch. Bapao, lumpia and risolles.

Riverford fruit and seeds muesli for breakfast with home-made yogurt and the top of the milk - first time I've ever had quinoa.
Apple and tomato soup with freshly made cream cheese for lunch with a thick slice of freshly baked sourdough.

Tomato and apple soup with cream cheese.jpg

Sourdough 30-10-19.jpg

Sourdough 30-10-19[2].jpg

Afternoon snack - two dark chocolate digestive biscuits.

Dinner was two fried eggs with tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms with two slices of white sourdough toast, buttered of course, followed by a mince pie (Sainsbury's freebie for their online customers) and a mug of dark chocolate.

Fish for Africa, I just finished work and had to drive past a food bar to get home. I stopped and got....... A piece of fish. It looked so yummy sitting there. Filled the gap. :)

Russ

After the morning we have had (3 medical appts) and with me still needing to collect so bits someone was giving away free (an older couple giving up camping, she had severe osteoarthritis of the spine), we decided on a meal out. Where was chosen for us because if where we were for hubby's medical appointments.

All vegan and all very tasty though I did find the pepper steak (tofu) a tad to salty but only just.

Lumpia are also known as Spring rolls in different parts of the world.......

I first had lumpia in Rotterdam back in the 80s. Excellent.

Never had them in Indonesia though.

That's why I said they are Asian snacks. Lumpia are Vietnamese as far as I know.

I believe that the Chinese have first claim to them. After that, every country in S.E. Asia appears to have adopted them.

You have the most amazing collection of plates and dishes!

I buy just one of each for food photography - well I eat off them too. Some are expensive (I think the one pictured above was about £15) so I wouldn't dream of buying a whole set. Others are really quite reasonably priced. I just bought some from Habitat from this collection - the dinner plate was £8 which I thought was a good price for a 'designer' plate.

Riverford fruit and seeds muesli for breakfast with home-made yogurt and the top of the milk - first time I've ever had quinoa.
Apple and tomato soup with freshly made cream cheese for lunch with a thick slice of freshly baked sourdough.

View attachment 34087

View attachment 34088

View attachment 34089

Afternoon snack - two dark chocolate digestive biscuits.

Dinner was two fried eggs with tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms with two slices of white sourdough toast, buttered of course, followed by a mince pie (Sainsbury's freebie for their online customers) and a mug of dark chocolate.

Your sourdough looks superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom