What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

I messed up. Did a pickup yesterday. I ordered a bone in, not sliced, 1/4 ham. I did not check the substation email. I got a package of sliced ham and pieces. :hyper:
Shame on me .
:scratchhead:Looking through the pantry and fridge for ideas. Maybe something along the lines of a twisted Mac and Cheese.
Oh, I can chop ham up into just about anything. 😋

It is a brand I have never heard of . I will have to taste it first. May have to wash/soak it before using. The sodium content is thrthe roof.
A couple of weeks ago G went to Walmart every on Tuesday - 6 to 7 a.m. seniors only . He came home with 2 packages of Great Value sliced Black Forest ham. I decided that I wanted a grilled ham and cheese sandwich . It was SO salty that I could only eat a couple of bites . Asked him to never buy Great Value .
I made several casseroles for Thanksgiving and Christmas using fresh and fresh frozen vegetables instead of canned . When I could not find Green Giant or Birds Eye I used Great Value . The veggies were over cooked prior to freezing. They turned to mush in the casseroles
Another issue is their chicken stock - more sodium than any other brand .
Not such a great value . :hyper:

Tuna pasta bake. Not very pretty but very tasty.

It is actually kind of fun to make an effort to use leftovers. I am lazy so my go to is throw everything in a saute pan - protein and vegetables, add onion, garlic, celery, maybe carrots and mushrooms, cook it down. A one pan left over stew. Cream, milk, butter or a little bit of roux to make a sauce/gravy

Buongiorno a tutti,

Weather beautiful so Ray get Barbeque out from garage, then he find gas bottle is empty so he gone see if he find one. If he find then this only time I let Ray take over cooking, he usually do lamb chop, chicken, an some kebab an may be steak. I will make salad for him though an make flat bread. It give me break an I no feel to good today.
Stay safe all.

Sarana x

Buongiorno a tutti,

Weather beautiful so Ray get Barbeque out from garage, then he find gas bottle is empty so he gone see if he find one. If he find then this only time I let Ray take over cooking, he usually do lamb chop, chicken, an some kebab an may be steak. I will make salad for him though an make flat bread. It give me break an I no feel to good today.
Stay safe all.

Sarana x
I hope you're feeling better soon. A 20-lb propane tank for our grill usually lasts us the better part of two years. It's something I've never really enjoyed much.

I hope you're feeling better soon. A 20-lb propane tank for our grill usually lasts us the better part of two years. It's something I've never really enjoyed much.
When I do a crawfish boil, I usually go through one tank. When Karen brought back 80# from a trip to Mississippi, I went through almost 2 tanks. I have a 40 qt pot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom