What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

When I do a crawfish boil, I usually go through one tank. When Karen brought back 80# from a trip to Kentucky, I went through almost 2 tanks. I have a 40 qt pot.
Maybe three years ago, we had a stretch of hot weather, and I said, "I'm going to grill out every night for as long as I can stand it," and I made it 11 days straight. Other than that, my average is probably three times a year.

I don't have anything against grilling per se, it's just that I don't like being outside, no matter what I'm doing, so standing out in the heat, on the deck, cooking something, when I have a perfectly good air-conditioned kitchen just doesn't make sense for me.

MrsTasty always laughs because even when I'm grilling, I do most of it from inside. The deck is off the kitchen, and I'll start the grill and get things prepped in the kitchen while it heats up. Then I'll put a steak down or whatever it is, and say it needs four minutes, I'll run back inside and stand in the kitchen for three-and-half minutes, run back outside and turn it, then run back into the kitchen. :laugh:

I've no idea what you'd call this. It's a kind of cross between a freaky potato pancake and a weird vegetable burger, made up of largely odds and ends. Potato, swede, green beans, onion, tomato and garlic made their way into it. Surprisingly tasty, I thought, even though I'm biased.

I love this sort of thing. It looks deliciously crispy. I took liberty of brightening up your photo a little to see it all the better (hope you don't mind):

Mixed grill for two tonight as a festive end to a month with just the two of us. The sauces are homemade. Baguette not pictured.
View attachment 39541

I was in Bergamo, Italy visiting a submarine factory where a client was having a boat built. A bunch of us went to dinner and the clients rep and I ordered the mixed grill. There were several items that I decided not to try, mostly the offal including sheep testicles (no I don't eat Rocky Mountain Oysters).

Happy Easter peeps. We’ve been eating non stop for 3 days with no end in sight yet. Thankfully my son left the Wii unplugged after swapping it over to the PS4 so I can’t weigh myself 🤭

Above is sesame prawn toasts with a sauce of siracha, kewpie mayo, diced pickles, capers & spring onions. Plus a rice noodle stir fry with lup cheong sausage and plenty of veg. Coriander is always banished to its own dish here as the husband is a hater.

Inside the prawn toast

Hummingbird cake.

breakfast of leftover rice noodle stir fry with eggs, pickles and kimchi.

The amazing delicious sesame prawn toast, round 2. Same batch, just held in the fridge overnight. They hold up well. They will have to make an appearance at a gathering when those are possible again.

Last nights pasta meal was a carbonara featuring chorizo instead of bacon or quanciale.

I’ve been for a nice long walk in the autumn sun this afternoon. Will repeat it tomorrow with an even longer one.

Back
Top Bottom