What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

Very nice indeed. I love the fact its served over the mash. :hungry:
The mash is made up of two large russets and one parsnip I had lying around. Out of curiosity, I weighed them, just to see the proportion, and the potatoes weighed one pound, seven ounces, and the parsnip weighed five ounces, so not an overwhelming amount of parsnip.

When I served it, MrsTasty was having a religious experience eating it. I can always tell if she likes something, because if she doesn't, when I ask her, I'll get, "It's good," in that kind of apologetic tone of voice, but when she really likes something, she won't even be able to complete a sentence.

This time, it was the latter. I asked and all I got was, "Ohm...uhm...oh my g...uhm..." mouth-chewy noises, along with her slapping her hand on the chair arm a lot. That's a good meal.

Anyway, when we were done, I mentioned there was a bit of parsnip in the potatoes.

"Yeah, I knew there was something in there I didn't like!"

No, she didn't! Before that, she was having a food orgasm, and then all of a sudden, it's, "Parsnip? Oh, I could taste that!" :laugh:

Please tell me about maduros?

They are ripe plantains. The starch has turned to sugar and they are sweet, These were already cut and frozen in the Latin section of the grocery freezer. Normally we buy them in the produce section and let them go until the skin/peel turns black before using them.

Last edited:
Dinner this evening, iberico chorizo, venison salami, pickles and sourkraut all purchased from our favourite deli.

They are ripe plantains. The starch has turned to sugar and they are sweet, These were already cut and frozen in the Latin section of the grocery freezer. Normally we buy them in the produce section and let them go until the skin/peel turns black before using them.
Thank you.

I’ve seen frozen plantains here in ethnic grocers but haven’t cooked with them yet.

Last night we had lamb roast. I have been wanting something Moroccan inspired for a while so this was perfect. I made a spice paste and rubbed it all over the leg, and pushed some into a few slits as well. Sat the joint on a bed of onion, carrot, dried fruit, preseved lemon, coriander roots and then added some chicken stock and sealed it up well with foil. 6 hours in a low/Med oven.
Roasted mixed veg that had been tossed with a bit of spice paste mixed into oil. A bit of salad and some pickles to cut the richness.

It’s Easter Monday here and we are having a lamb curry even though we had a lamb roast just yesterday because lamb is really expensive here now but I found some bones that had heaps of meat on them & only $8kg.
Yes. For bones

Last night we had lamb roast. I have been wanting something Moroccan inspired for a while so this was perfect. I made a spice paste and rubbed it all over the leg, and pushed some into a few slits as well. Sat the joint on a bed of onion, carrot, dried fruit, preseved lemon, coriander roots and then added some chicken stock and sealed it up well with foil. 6 hours in a low/Med oven.
Roasted mixed veg that had been tossed with a bit of spice paste mixed into oil. A bit of salad and some pickles to cut the richness.
View attachment 39612

It’s Easter Monday here and we are having a lamb curry even though we had a lamb roast just yesterday because lamb is really expensive here now but I found some bones that had heaps of meat on them & only $8kg.
Yes. For bones

That looks (and sounds) awesome.

View attachment 39612

Yes. For bones
Wow, that looks amazing!

Back
Top Bottom