What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they as good as they looked? I do love "frips" (fresh fried potato chips), but I have had them before where they were fried in advance and had lost their crispness. I have never had them loaded, it's a great idea, so similar to nachos without the Tex-Mex twist. Clever.
Yes, they were very good. Everything I’ve ever had there has been above average, and their bar staff can actually speak intelligently about the beers they have.

My Brunch

IMG_1585.JPG

Stopped into our local Carniceria for a nosh and also picked up a small container of Guacamole and a pound of what they called Ranchera, there was a handmade sign "Sirloin Flap". The butcher asked me if I wanted it marinated, I said no thank you as I want to try my hand a new recipe I found.
I'd bet you that there's a good 1/4 pound of Steak there under all of those Onions and Cilantro.
Funny, I like Cilantro/Coriander here in Cowboyville, but couldn't stand the soap taste when I lived in Hawaii, but in Hawaii it's called Chinese Parsley, go figure.

I don't eat pumpkin and have only had parsnips once, so I wasn't sure if there was a mutant parsnip or something. It is New Zealand, lol.
Parsnips are so sweet and tasty atm.
Pumpkin, carrots and parsnip mash is popular here. Very popular!!

Russ

Parsnips are so sweet and tasty atm.
Pumpkin, carrots and parsnip mash is popular here. Very popular!!

Russ
I was just envisioning a massive orange parsnip that resembled a pumpkin, lol.

Thanks so much for that, and for letting me "pinch" your recipe. I think in the course of that video, I pronounce guanciale about seven different ways. Haha...

Speaking of guanciale, I do have quite a lot of it left over. The recipe only used 80gms, and I bought 400. 🙂
So I think I'll be attempting a few more classics....maybe "amatriciana" soon. I assume it (guanciale) keeps ok in the fridge...or should I freeze it till ready to use?

Amatriciana sounds perfect, you could also try to make Gricia which is a known here as a Carbonara without eggs..

I highly recommend you not freezing Guanciale. The best way is to keep it in the fridge well covered with clingfilm 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom