What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I tried out my new blender. After a good night's rest and getting to know the other kitchen appliances it was time for some hard work. We started by powdering stevia (1 cup stevia, 1 teaspoon cornstarch). It did a fairly good job, it did it fast and I was happy.
Image from iOS (141).jpg

Then we moved to almond milk. Once again outstanding performance. Next time I think I will try blending the almonds even further for a thicker milk. The milk is supposed to be working on becoming a almond milk yogurt now.

Image from iOS (140).jpg

Now the big test, pureeing a fresh coconut. Pureeing coconut was not a hard requirement, more like a nice to have, but I'd be very happy if my blender could do it. This was my first time working with a fresh coconut and I found it harder to open than dry coconut. It took me close to an hour and at a certain point there was coconut flying everywhere, on the walls, on the floor. After my coconut ordeal I got the meat in the blender along with the water that was inside the coconut. Would the blender be up to the test? You be the judge.

Image from iOS (138).jpg

That's coconut ice cream ready to hit the freezer and be churned after.

My blender did a fairly good job with the coconut :D It was still a bit grainy, I admit, next time I'll try to puree it longer and see if it improves, but the texture was fairly decent.

Spent a lot of time in the kitchen this afternoon. Still need to prep chicken and horse mackerel for tomorrow.

Attachments

• Image from iOS (140).jpg
    Image from iOS (140).jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 129
If you ever come to Dallas, please let me buy you dinner. I will take you to La Hacienda Ranch. The owner invented the frozen Margarita, and the Fajitas are amazing.

CD

Ok JR (sorry but when I read Dallas and Ranch together, my mind immediately goes to the soap opera ) it’s a deal then.

Sue Ellen 😂

Ok JR (sorry but when I read Dallas and Ranch together, my mind immediately goes to the soap opera ) it’s a deal then.

Sue Ellen 😂

Hey, no problem. The original Southfork Ranch in the movie and the pilot for the TV Show is a few blocks from my house. It is still a 3,000 acre working cattle and horse ranch -- completely surrounded by one of the fastest growing cities in the US, Frisco, Texas.

This is what it looks like now. The owner has pledged not to sell it or develop it, and the city gives him big-time tax breaks to keep it undeveloped. I drive past it daily (well, before covid).

So, we have IKEA, Nordstom, and an Apple Store -- and a 3,000 acre working ranch in one city. I love it! This is my neighborhood.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3hGZJkew20

CD

Hey, no problem. The original Southfork Ranch in the movie and the pilot for the TV Show is a few blocks from my house. It is still a 3,000 acre working cattle and horse ranch -- completely surrounded by one of the fastest growing cities in the US, Frisco, Texas.

This is what it looks like now. The owner has pledged not to sell it or develop it, and the city gives him big-time tax breaks to keep it undeveloped. I drive past it daily (well, before covid).

So, we have IKEA, Nordstom, and an Apple Store -- and a 3,000 acre working ranch in one city. I love it! This is my neighborhood.

CD

Oh, we also have a Neapolitan pizza restaurant. Pizzeria Testa.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 1.19.42 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 1.18.41 AM.jpg

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom