What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a normal Sunday around here. I live in a big "2nd Amendment" county, and some days, it's like living in a war zone, because I'll have people on three sides of me shooting.

I don't like sweet cornbread, MrsTasty does, so I compromise and put in half the amount it normally calls for. :wink:

Yeah, Ohio is not as gun-happy as Texas, but it comes close.

CD

I discovered some beef short ribs in my freezer when I moved stuff from the old one to the new one. I braised them in beef stock and Strongbow Dry Cider. I had a bed of sliced onions, sautéed, under the meat. I tied up some fresh thyme from my garden, and used salt, pepper and garlic for seasonings. Cooked for three hours at 275F in a cast iron Dutch oven.

I had to go to Total Wine and Spirits for the cider. It's not your basic supermarket cider. They are too sweet.

I usually serve this on a bed of mashed potatoes, but tonight, I shredded the meat, and made tacos. Just meat, some of the cooked onions, and a hatch chili salsa.

The tacos weren't pretty, so I didn't bother to photograph them (plus, I was too busy stuffing them in my face).

Here is an iPhone shot of the Dutch oven at the end of the cook.

IMG_1084.JPG

CD

( there was a storm) ,
Well had a belter last afternoon/night it's calm know but the sky and weather forecast is for more this afternoon. The sea is at it's most beautiful when it's churning. We love to sit on the balcony and watch. Across the straight the island of Brac was like a lightning pin cushion. I don't know how to download my Iphone footage but the is just right of us.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-c-N0dX1g

I recycled the previous nights lasagna. There was half of Mrs Blanks fragrant repast left skillfully she had made 20% more meat sauce than needed. I bashed the cold lasagna about and covered it with the excess sauce then reheated. Because of the imminent thunder storms I served the melange with sprouts. It was even better.

22.00 hrs. Mrs Blank is that you, you xxxxxxxx xxxxx ? Me, heaven forfend my darling it's the thunder ! Me ouuuuuuch! Mrs Blank xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom