What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken with Spicy Chick-Peas. (Garbanzo Beans )
From Indian Cooking edited by Veronica Sperling and Christine McFadden.
Ghee, chicken, onion, garlic, green chilies, cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, tomatoes, mint, chick peas, coriander, natural yoghurt.

View attachment 53808

View attachment 53809

I would relish having Goose or Duck again, but alas, as a lone single old man, it would be difficult to manage.
My older sister is also older, and single...but she lives in Texas. She's still a looker at her age (65, shhh, don't say I told).

Not sure how she feels about goose or duck, but she does like people who know how to cook :laugh:

Tonight I am making chicken soup. Seems like a bit of a winter routine!

I took those little crackers and tossed them with olive oil and parmesan cheese, then toasted them until they were light and crisp. Yum.

Last edited:
My older sister is also older, and single...but she lives in Texas. She's still a looker at her age (65, shhh, don't say I told).

Not sure how she feels about goose or duck, but she does like people who know how to cook :laugh:

Tonight I am making chicken soup. Seems like a bit of a winter routine!
Oh, BTW, I have 3 other sisters (and 2 brothers). The sister I mentioned just happens to be my favourite (again, shhhhh).

Looked like a brandy snap??? But I knew it wasn't. :)

Russ
Okay, that's fantastic. I just googled and found a nice recipe, but if there are some others on this website for reference, that would be so wonderful. I never heard of it (pardon my cluelessness) but it sounds fab.

ETA I was referring to the brandy snap.

Playing catch up again..

Rosemary, rice, courgette cake with a tomato sauce, roasted sprouts and a vegan sausage (one of those plant based ones, this one is ok. I don't like the rest because I don't actually like meat! ) served with a little salad.
Dessert was birthday cake (passionfruit polenta cake minus the passionfruit) and with raspberries and the last of the (vegan whipped) cream..

Then today was a picnic out at a nature reserve (1½-2 hrs away but we'd already driven over half way there to get into town)...

So tofu and hummus on rice cakes with fig chutney and chilli jam. Then some more cake...

And a view

It did brighten up not long before we left, but having walked more than 1km (I'm limited at the moment so the wheelchair was with us again) I wasn't up to going any further. But we did see a red bellied black snake sunbathing, several turtles (freshwater) and some pelicans, not to mention the fact that hubby had finally seen an emu in the wild (even if it was only a juvenile standing 1.5m tall)....

Evening meal with be simple again with the rosemary rice courgette cake and tomatoes sauce, something added for protein and some greens, severed with a generous helping of eggnog and an early night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom