What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I cooked dinner last night and lunch today at Picky Eater's (kaneohegirlinaz that should make you laugh). Dinner didn't photo well because the serving plate was too busy in its pattern, but it was a bronze-die artisanal pappardelle (I was too lazy to make it myself) with sautéed king oyster mushrooms, onions, garlic, tarragon, and butter. Washed down with a 27 year old Cote-Rotie.

For lunch, I used the leftover mushrooms, then went pantry and fridge diving (she's surprisingly well-stocked) and found carrots, snow peas, garlic, ginger, and water chestnuts. Made an impromptu stir-fry seasoned simply with soy sauce, a dash of hoisin, and sesame oil.

Two funny comments: she marveled that I didn't use recipes ("I'm a rules-follower, and you seem to be unaware that they exist."), and when talking on the phone with one of her kids, she observed, "He's a terrific cook, but he's a vegetarian. What a waste!"

Hubby served. I left the veggie burger. It was too much on top of me raiding a veg plot for strawberries and raspberries earlier in the day. <licks lips> from plant to hand to mouth. Can't get fresher than that.

Sadly hubby didn't manage to extract a slice of the Palestinian Upside-down Rice primarily because he didn't put a chopping board on the top and invert everything, so it's a bit of a mess but tasted fantastic.

He seems to remember is having issues with the quantities of veg involved last time as well, so after knitting tomorrow, I'll re-write the recipe and add some notes to the book. It's a lovely recipe, but we need to scale back the volume of veg involved (over 4¼kg at least!)

The broccoli was a veg plot 'find'. I had forgotten I'd planted it and lost it under the celery that has reached 1¾m high until today's storms folded it over, so I was cutting it back when I found them. 2 heads needed eating because there was a little yellow in the buds showing. The rest can wait a few days more. I've about another 6 heads and then it will start to try to form new flower buds at the sides....

Arby’s Beef-n-Cheddar for lunch. No fries or anything like that.

Ah Arby's... "the only food classified as a war crime." -- Jon Stewart :laugh:

You didn't try their Diablo roast beef sandwich? I've heard it is seriously spicy, unlike most fast food "spicy" offerings.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom