What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some lady at work wants me to make her a pizza. I told her it wouldnt be fresh, so I ca t guarantee quality and she said she didn't care. OK....
20221211_171651.jpg

I hope she likes it.

I’m not much for turkey. Once a year is enough for me. I’m thinking of getting a turkey breast and using some Creole seasonings on it and grilling it. Charcoal of course.

I smoked a whole turkey once, and it was awesome. But, I have not had good luck with just turkey breasts. They always dry out. If you can make it work for you, let us know how you did it.

CD

In parts of Texas, rice and beans is a regular weekday meal. It tastes good, is filling, and most of all, it's cheap.

CD
I love red beans and rice, especially with smoke anything in it. Ham hock, turkey leg, whatever as long as it's smoked. The flavor profile is amazing with it.

I love red beans and rice, especially with smoke anything in it. Ham hock, turkey leg, whatever as long as it's smoked. The flavor profile is amazing with it.

I love red beans and rice, too. I rarely make it at home, because there is a cajun restaurant in Frisco that makes a really good red beans and rice (the only place in the Dallas area that I have found good cajun food). Theirs is better than mine, and I don't have to do any work, so I eat theirs. :laugh:

CD

They are a bit starchy, but not too bad. They would be great for your mom. No pots of boiling water for her to handle, so definitely safer. Each pouch would probably be two servings for her. I can eat a whole pouch myself. You can provide her with containers of homemade sauce frozen, and she can make two meals in the microwave.

They are definitely a convenience food, so you can't expect it to be like fresh pasta boiled right before serving, but they take one minute to cook, and there is no pot to clean.

CD
Excellent, mahalo CD!!!
I just made up an online grocery order to be delivered to Mom and I added a pouch of the Gemelli.
I don't think she has any more of my sauce in the freezer, so I added a jar of her favorite Alfredo Sauce to her delivery order.
I think that DH wouldn't like this, so I'll just continue to keep "leftover" pasta in the `fridge for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom