What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was too warm for the planned meal and hubby hadn't made it home, so I raided the freezer and found a single portion of a sweet & sour red cabbage soup in the very depths of the freezer.

20230210_174736.jpg

I served it (cold) with soy yoghurt and called it my evening meal.

Steakhouse takeout evaluation last night. I get reimbursed for it in exchange for taking a few photos and writing a short report.
20230209_173342.jpg

20230209_174826.jpg

I didn't eat all that, btw. One of the photo requirements is plating it. Hubby and I split the steak and shrimp, and I made him a salad and made myself some Brussels sprouts.

Steakhouse takeout evaluation last night. I get reimbursed for it in exchange for taking a few photos and writing a short report.
View attachment 96098
View attachment 96099
I didn't eat all that, btw. One of the photo requirements is plating it. Hubby and I split the steak and shrimp, and I made him a salad and made myself some Brussels sprouts.
Takeout from a steakhouse, how's that for the quality of a steak? Never seen such a take out here, seems detrimental to the steak?

Takeout from a steakhouse, how's that for the quality of a steak? Never seen such a take out here, seems detrimental to the steak?
I order it rare so when I reheat it it's a perfect medium-rare. I wouldn't do it on my own dime, however.

Edit: it's quite popular here. All local restaurants offer takeout. This one brought it to my car. During the height of the pandemic we had takeout sushi several times and it was delicious.

Last edited:
Bought a couple of medium (1.4kg) fresh roasters that were half price. I froze one and roasted this one for sandwiches tomorrow or something:

View attachment 96101

A roast chicken is so useful. It can last me a whole week in different forms. Thinking about this, I wondered about the welfare of chicken in Singapore. Can you buy free range etc. there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom