What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an Italian-American comfort food for supper tonight. Italian sausage and peppers. Usually made with green bell peppers, but I prefer the more ripened red bells. It is simply Italian sausage (sweet or hot), bell peppers and onions cooked in a heavy pan, like cast iron. Three ingredients, one pan.

1676085220465.jpeg

CD

Had a bigassed dinner salad with both red and green lettuce, radish, cucumber, tomato, onion, broccoli, avocado, and carrot, topped with dried cranberries, pistachios, and goat cheese. Had 4 panko breaded fried shrimp on the side.

Too hot for a hot meal. It's still over 30°C (86F) now at 9pm. At 6pm I didn't even want to look at the temperature gauge!

So a cold soup, and this was a new recipe to us. I'm slowly collecting a decent supply of cold soups and I've a couple more new ones for later in the week.

It's a 10 minute recipe, bung everything in the liquidiser/blender, keeping the peas frozen and serve. We'll have it again it was nice.

Last edited:
A roast chicken is so useful. It can last me a whole week in different forms. Thinking about this, I wondered about the welfare of chicken in Singapore. Can you buy free range etc. there?

Chickens aren’t farmed for meat in Singapore - it’s all imported. You have got the usual choices and get what you are prepared to pay for.

7D88F3D5-9B40-4CC7-A6E6-E09AA2152F9C.jpeg
7E681C7A-FA0E-4D05-A8CB-E1CBBC024BC0.jpeg

Vinegar slaw and chili (con carne). Compared to last week’s chili, this one is better, but much smaller size. Also, the server didn’t call me “hon” or “darlin’” - being that he was the spitting image of Mr. Clean, I was ok with that, though. :laugh:

I haven’t been here for years, because the service (and food quality) can be spotty. Today was about on course. I must say, though, their playlist is spot-on. While sitting here, I’ve heard Jetheo Tull, CSN, The Who (album cuts, not the hits), The Marmalade, The Hollies (“Air that I Breathe,” which I haven’t heard in ages), “Mandolin Wind” from Rod Stewart, and smack in the middle of all that, Ray <bleeping> Price with “For the Good Times” - classic.

I mentioned that one to the bartender (Mr. Clean), and he said that was his choice. :highfive: for him.

Chickens aren’t farmed for meat in Singapore - it’s all imported. You have got the usual choices and get what you are prepared to pay for.
I guess the only thing that is reasonably priced there is local seafood? Do you grow your own herbs or have any kind of vegetable plants in pots on your porch?

View attachment 96135View attachment 96136

Vinegar slaw and chili (con carne). Compared to last week’s chili, this one is better, but much smaller size. Also, the server didn’t call me “hon” or “darlin’” - being that he was the spitting image of Mr. Clean, I was ok with that, though. :laugh:

I haven’t been here for years, because the service (and food quality) can be spotty. Today was about on course. I must say, though, their playlist is spot-on. While sitting here, I’ve heard Jetheo Tull, CSN, The Who (album cuts, not the hits), The Marmalade, The Hollies (“Air that I Breathe,” which I haven’t heard in ages), “Mandolin Wind” from Rod Stewart, and smack in the middle of all that, Ray <bleeping> Price with “For the Good Times” - classic.

I mentioned that one to the bartender (Mr. Clean), and he said that was his choice. :highfive: for him.
That sour cream is an interesting shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom