What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minestrone - Vegetable soup with fennel and purple potatoes

img_20210115_1547331339960937646334250.jpg

img_20210115_1821156072881522977992494.jpg

I ate gratinated bread (swiss cheese) with an avocado salad for lunch. The dressing was good, the play with different colors not. Häckerle, a specialty from northern germany, was my dinner. It's made with herring, sour apples, pickles.

Paella again! This time I added fresh peppers/bell peppers, even more garlic and seasonings (including saffron) and different condiments: ready-made chicken, scallops, artichokes and black olives - no prawns. I marinated the scallops in lime juice-Ponzu-almond milk marinade before frying them in butter. I have another jar of olives, regular anchovies and vacuum-packed fresh egg pappardelle (substituting MypinchofItaly's spaghetti in her recipe) for 'Nduja pasta. Hopefully I'll finally get to make it during the weekend. The paella is huge though - so I guess we'll eat it at least for two days.
pael.jpg

Pistachio-apple tacos for dessert.
tac_17.jpg

Recipe

No pics yet as all wrapped up, my friend butcher called around to pick up meals yesterday so I got him to bone out a shoulder of lamb for me, I can do it but he's so neat and quick at it, he tied it up in a roll as well. Rubbed with Evoo s and p and Rosemary from our garden. Also made breadcrumb stuffing with breadcrumbs fried onion fried bacon mixed with crumbs eggs and sage. One mandarin chopped small added.
I'm cooking on the BBQ for dinner tonight, we have friends coming so I'm "looking" after our four guests/ close friends. We are supplying booze as well plus food as we havnt seen them before Xmas. And just a treat for everyone. Euchre will follow.
I know this is going to be good. I need to start on salads .
It's just gone 12 midday here.

Russ

I followed a recipe for beef bourguignon from the website of my "Dutch dutch oven."

There were some quirky translations over to English, such as saying an alternate method to cooking on the stovetop is to "place it in the smallest pit of your oven." :)

That's very cute, really, and now I wish my oven had a small pit somewhere. :)

Anyway, here's the finished product:

I used a Pinot meunier for the wine. Roasted potatoes (with sage salt) and the rest of yesterday's bread on the side.

I followed a recipe for beef bourguignon from the website of my "Dutch dutch oven."

There were some quirky translations over to English, such as saying an alternate method to cooking on the stovetop is to "place it in the smallest pit of your oven." :)

That's very cute, really, and now I wish my oven had a small pit somewhere. :)

Anyway, here's the finished product:

View attachment 54974

View attachment 54975

I used a Pinot meunier for the wine. Roasted potatoes (with sage salt) and the rest of yesterday's bread on the side.

I know that's absolutely perfect tasty.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom