What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have leftover sauerkraut (lots of it), so I made some NYC street cart style dogs. Nathan's hot dogs, sauerkraut, and yellow mustard on a white hot dog bun. I can't get Sabrett hot dogs, so I went with Nathan's (both from NYC).

CD

Dessert, cream cheese and butter mints, almond, orange and mint flavored.

I've got lamb chops thawing for pan fried chops with vege stir fry and new potatoes from the garden. I'll marinade chops and make a sauce for them. I asked my wife for some packet sauces. I will see what she got, I will add to it, butter and cream! Eating in 3 to 4 hrs. About to start assembling samosas for the freezer.

Russ

The weather is very freaky. Thunderstorms and massive record breaking rainfall. Mrs B needs some comfort and cheering up as we can't go to Serbia to celebrate Orthodox Christmas and New Year(7th/14th). We always have raw chicken backs in the freezer. So I made the bread and Mrs B made Jewish Penicillin mit noodles, the way my Mum taught her. Pud was fruit. NB my Mum's trick was to add chicken schmaltz so you get a good "oil slick " on the surface to lube the bread.
1609907910338.png
1609907932565.png
1609907976905.png
1609908019813.png

I'll likely try Madhur Jaffrey's cauliflower with black mustard and fennel seeds tomorrow. Probably include some spuds also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom