What did you cook or eat today (January 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to a family gathering but came home at 11pm in case our sookie lala Staffordshire terrier was upset by fireworks. He’s kinda new to being outside on his own. The recent house move has helped a lot in this regard though.

We came home, fed the dog & hung out the washing, swept the house then I made us cocktails and snacks and we watched the Sydney fireworks on tv at midnight.

Negroni spritz for me and Black Russian for my OH plus S&P crisps, ginger butterscotch coated in dark chocolate, brie & apple slices.

I got up and made some scramble eggs with crumbled breakfast sausage ad cheese. No photo -- I'm afraid of MG's scrutiny.

CD
I have no fear that way, and I even documented my eggs this morning:

In the pan, with a little onion, tomato, and feta (not my first choice, but I need to use it):

This is how they look when I take the pan off the burner and move to buttering the toast:

I think MG might eat those, if she had to. They're still fairly liquidy.

Plated, and the residual heat from the pan has cooked them beyond MG's limit:

I'll also say that while I didn't fear MG's scrutiny at the beginning of making these eggs, when I plated them, the lights flickered, the temp in the kitchen dropped 20 degrees, I felt cold breath on the back of my neck and a Joanna Lumley-like disembodied voice chillingly whispered, "I am so disappointed in you..."

Now I'm afraid to go to sleep. :eek:

I felt cold breath on the back of my neck and a Joanna Lumley-like disembodied voice
I can assure you I sound nothing like Dame Joanna Lumley. Really not.

I thought that in your second photo, the eggs look perfect. There is a trick to stop them cooking when you take them off the heat which you probably know - that is to stir in a few pieces of butter. But maybe you wanted them more set than photo two.

I can assure you I sound nothing like Dame Joanna Lumley. Really not.
Would I be any closer if I specified Sapphire And Steel-era Dame Jo, and not AbFab-era Dame Jo (although there's nothing wrong with her; we all need a little Patsy in our lives at some point)?

How about Felicity Kendal? Is that closer? Dame Diana Rigg? Mavis Pike from Dad's Army? You've got me running through all my fantasy BritTV stars!

Miss Brahms from Are You Being Served? Mrs. Slocombe? Is it Mrs. Slocombe?! Are we unanimous in that?!

At least tell me if I'm getting closer, or we'll be here all day...Jo Grant from Doctor Who? David Walliams when he dresses up like a lady in Little Britain (don't judge me!)?

I thought that in your second photo, the eggs look perfect.
All kidding aside, I'll sincerely thank you for that, because I do know you make your eggs to the highest standard, so that is the thing that'll make my day today! :love:

There is a trick to stop them cooking when you take them off the heat which you probably know - that is to stir in a few pieces of butter.
I've seen that, and my buddy Mr. Pepin also recommends holding back some of the raw egg and stirring that back in at the end.

But maybe you wanted them more set than photo two.
Me? I'll eat them any old way; it's more to MrsT's preference. She wouldn't eat the eggs in the second photo; no way, no how, so I just cook them to her preference since I'm not picky at all with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom